Tell me a story

I’m tired, bored, but don’t want to think. Someone tell me a story, true or fictional.

It’s too bad my daughter isn’t on here. She could ramble on about all the random stuff that happened to her today until you are either asleep or ready to kill yourself just to make it end.

Obligatory Simpsons video:

1 Like

I know a kid like that.

I’m going to take a shower and put on pjs. I expect a story upon my return.

WHERE’S MY STORY?

Debating between a second drink and a bowl of popcorn. Which do I want more? Which will I regret more?

• Popcorn
  • Alcohol

0 voters

I don’t know how to answer the poll.

1 Like

It’s Friday night. It’s Miller time. Not literally, because that’s some trash beer. I’m one IPA in so far.

I’m not sure I have any good stories handy.

Some day I will tell you all about the time I went with a friend to deliver a used lawn mower to a developmentally disabled boy on Christmas. But there’s too much back story on that one for tonight.

Here’s a story.

In 2017, I was at the end of my rope. I hated my job, I was struggling to feel like a present and good mother at home, and I had failed my final FSA exam four times. I talked with my husband and we agreed the May 2017 sitting would be my last. I started interviewing for a new job.

In late June 2017, I was laid off very unexpectedly. It was the worst thing I have ever experienced, and it was handled in the worst possible way. I was at the lowest point in my life, worried about supporting my family - I was a sole earner.

A week after that, I was leaving the second round of interviews and found out I passed that exam. A few days later, I was offered the job, at the same salary I had been making before. For about a month, I collected two paychecks and got some therapy.

Sometimes a good thing comes out of the shittiest circumstances.

8 Likes

Me neither: there’s no 42 option. :unamused:

NA’s story :white_check_mark:MMR.

1 Like

There’s also fluffier nutter ice cream.

I’d say to think of it as 42mL of alcohol or 42 popcorn kernels but both of those are insufficient amounts,

I’m committed to staying up for 2 hours since I put the sheets in the wash.

Forgo the dryer, hang them on the line, and you can be three sheets to the wind.

1 Like

Now I’m thinking about scrambled eggs.

These are the nights I’d look through old NAT or reef threads. I just looked at the new AO and it’s still a depressing wasteland.

2 Likes

I am sorry I was not available last evening as I was detained with a prior commitment. I am rather busy this morning but will have availability later today to assist you with your request if you are still interested.

Do you have any preferences, topics, types, or genres you would like addressed?

I wanted something entertaining requiring minimal cognitive load.