Subway, Arby's to merge into amazingly gross sandwich company

1 Like

Subway is gross and cheap while Arby’s is underwhelming and expensive.

Seems like they have some synergy there. In terms of both being undesirable.

1 Like

This is going to give a whole new meaning to “We have the meats”

To be fair to Subway, not once but twice they gave me extra protein in my subs.

However I’m not fond of eating flies.

(Not sure if flies are still on the menu, I last ate Subway 6 years ago.)

1 Like

Arby’s is expensive?

1 Like

For fast food? Yeah, around here it’s probably 20% more than comparable fast food (so, not “premium” fast food places like Five Guys).

But, those coupons!!
Also, someone will have to resolve the “Pepsi at Arby’s, Coca Cola at Subway” contracts.

1 Like

Subway discontinued Roast Beef, there had to be a better way to get it back on the menu

1 Like

Subway is cheap? I actually looked recently and a footlong sub was the exact same price as my local sub shop, which is miles better on quality.

My local Arby’s skinnied down their menu, got rid of the poppers. Reddit tells me this is a test market thing, so it might be expanded if the test goes well. If they don’t put the poppers back on the menu, I probably won’t eat there again.

I see a Subway and think to myself: “I’m not THAT hungry.” Just last night I was looking for someplace to eat before Ice Cream (and Poker), thought about Panda for a second, then went to a locally owned place with some extremely awful musicians. Sat outside, so my ears wouldn’t melt.

Anyway, probably a bad idea to buy Subway, since they will have to keep up the shitty franchising operation.

I didn’t say that, although I don’t recall it being particularly expensive.

Oh, I know, I just thought it was funny we had opposite reactions. You were surprised at the notion Arby’s is expensive, while I reacted to the idea that Subway is cheap.

1 Like

They also have coupons. It used to be a frequent lunch spot when I worked at an office, but there was a Togo’s nearby that had a daily lunch special with drink and chips AND at Christmas time, you could buy a gift card and get a free sandwich for doing that, so we bought one every week, then used the gift cards ourselves.

1 Like

Arby’s has orange shakes during the summer, so they have that going for them.

1 Like

Arby’s fries and turnovers are great (when they’re hot and fresh).

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Arby’s is one of the better national fast food chains. I mean, it’s fast food, so you have to go in with low expectations. But I’d rather have a roast beef sandwich from Arby’s than a Whopper or a Big Mac. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’ll take an Arby’s roast beef sandwich over virtually any fast food hamburger.

Roark also owns Jimmy Johns. So now Subway and JJ’s are co-owned by the same parent conglomerate, which also includes sister companies such as Baskin Robbins, Dunkin’, Buffalo Wild Wings, Millers Ale House, and Cheescake Factory.

1 Like

Two more places I say to myself, “I’m not THAT hungry.”
Arby’s does have the Pepsi stigma. They make up for it with shakes. Have not been to one in several years. it was next door to my Tire Place, so I’d go there when I needed an alignment (free lifetime alignments paid one-time, which I bought over 20 years ago (another small perk of holding on to a car forever).

Yeah, I have to be really hungry to eat at McDonalds or Burger King.

Arby’s and Wendy’s are fine on road trips where I don’t really want to stop, but if Culver’s is an option I’ll go there over either. Or Braum’s if I’m in the segment of America lucky enough to have Braum’s. Although really, Culver’s is almost as good as Bruam’s. Not quite, but close.