Spooky Manor - an Action Castle Style Game

Oops, edited

You quickly charge up the stairs, unsharpened pool cue in hand. You brandish it as if it were a sword and demand that Lord Spooky unlock the chest in the attic.
ā€œChest in the attic? You found that did you? My, you have been busy here. I donā€™t have the key to that though, Manfred usually keeps track of the keys. Besides, I would rather give my life than let you find what is in that chest!ā€
Lord Spooky appears ready to fight you, despite him being an old portly man in a bathrobe.

I know, right??

Save

Well if you just came down and signed for your package instead of making we wander all around your house and curing Manfred of Lycanthropy this could have gone much smoother.I mean whatā€™s up with the undead Lady out past the garden?

I honestly have no idea where Dan wants to go with this latest iteration so Iā€™m just monologging for time

You and me both.

Game Saved
Becoming increasingly hostile, you continue to question this old man.
"I had no idea that you were even in the house, let alone looking for me! Manfred usually takes care of these types of things. As to the lady in the gardenā€¦ " He grows even paler, as if that was possible, and drops his voice to a whisper. ā€œIā€™ve learned that if I leave her alone, she leaves me alone. Best not to talk about that.ā€
As heā€™s talking, Lord Spooky is slowly retreating to the other side of the kitchen, with you following him. His back is now to the kitchen counter.

:laughing: I just want to see whatā€™s in the chest and our last best attempt was with the garlic and that didnā€™t work, figured the Lord of the house might be more cooperative

Demand Lord Spooky lead you down to the crypt in order to retrieve the key from the Lady of the house

ā€That would be certain death!ā€ He seems unwilling to move from this spot.
As Lord Spooky says this, you see his hand feeling behind him on the kitchen counter, though you canā€™t see what heā€™s reaching for.

:laughing: edit: actually go with YTā€™s

"Are you looking for this", and pull the meat clever out

Lord Spooky quickly looks behind him, realizing that the expected meat cleaver is not there. He turns around, his face now completely white. ā€œPlease, I canā€™t help you any more than I already have! I have no backstory or purpose here besides to sign for your package. Please let me be!ā€
He is now on his knees with his hands out in front of himself.

Well it seems our options are
1 - Go home and call it a day
2 - Try and use the shovel to break the lock on the trunk
3 - Break the pool queue into a vampire killing stake and try and take down Lady Spooky in the crypt
4 - Become an enrage homicidal maniac and try and kill Lord Spooky.

Good luck! You havenā€™t tried it yet, but the front door is locked.

:popcorn:

This is really the last unsolved puzzle - how to take care of Lady Spooky and get that key!

If that was your goal then you might as well have stayed as a vampire (or you could try to become a werewolfā€¦

For most rooms I actually have different descriptions to give if you are a werewolf or vampire, so 3 descriptions per room (not all rooms, but most). I kind of skimmed over these when you were a vampire because you were so close to being done, and you were just kind of teleporting from room to room.

:rofl:

Wow now Iā€™m interested

How does one become a werewolf? I figured heā€™d just eat us.

That would make sense, but for whatever reason you actually just get bit and wake up hours later, with some new powers.

Use meat cleaver to sharpen pool cue into a point

This guy gets it.

You now have a sharpened pool cue. A great substitute for a wooden stake!