Spelling Bee

4/3 rant: Dumbest pangram ever. It’s two words. And for it to be 15.5% of the total points?

2 Likes

Nothing like a good Spelling Bee rant.

FWIW “cowlike” was NOT considered a word in Letterboxed today.

Perhaps cuteness is a factor for NYT to decide what is and is not a word. :woman_shrugging:

Several questionable words in today’s, but no PUKEY??

1 Like

Pretty sure NYT is going to catch some flak for saying RAPING is not a word :grimacing:

Maybe they just want to avoid controversy. I can’t believe they didn’t accept PIKA today. That’s not obscure at all imo.

Bc I think you need a C and not a K, no?

Or am I thinking of a different word?

Two different words. One is a cute furry animal and the other one is the typing thing.

1 Like

Having tough time finding pangram today, might be able to get genius without it.

1 Like

it’s pretty obscure imo. Luckily it just popped into my head.

I’m in the same boat. Still working on it.

Yep, maybe will come to me during my workout. At least I got genius.

I’ve tried ATTACKRABBI and RABBITTRICK but nothing seems to be working here. I figured the latter would work, as in Silly RABBITTRICKs are for kids

Finally got it - never heard the term before

Same

I think I first heard it many years ago watching coverage of the Rodney King riots in L.A.

A friend said they got it because it was a lyric in a Decembrists song

Third straight QB, needed the hints after genius, last word involved a lot of trial and error but finally discovered DENGUE - never heard the word before

Something I learned from experience. Never heard of GADDED but once I remembered that occasionally a six letter word is a past tense version of a 3-letter word, I tried all the different 3 letter possibilities.

1 Like

Broke my QB streak on Saturday but got yesterday and today.