Something extravagant you bought just because

:man_shrugging:

I understood what you meant but I teach physics, so I’ve seen just about every way to misinterpret that statement. If I’m saying that out loud I’ll make an exaggerated pause before ‘cubed’ to make sure it’s clear.

Not a cube? :woman_shrugging:

Go buy something extravagant just because.

Does it really say SMEG? Is it Talkie Toaster, your chirpy breakfast companion?

2 Likes

Just got my shipment from Truefitt & Hill, some of the Ultimate Comfort pre-shave oil and shave cream. Now that I’m seeing how dry my skin is looking lately I’m gonna order the after shave balm.

T&H is my reference standard for shaving. I’ve tried lots of others and haven’t found anything I find better.

RN. These appliances should be compulsory possessions for Red Dwarf fans.

1 Like

A few years ago, I was in a wedding and the groom gave us “The Art of Shaving” travel kits. Pre-shave, shaving cream, and aftershave. I ran out of the cream so I requested it as a Christmas gift. My son obliged.
Admittedly, I need to shave once every three days or so, but it’s way better than the grocery store shit. My badger-hair brush is losing hair faster than I am, though. Do I need to spring $60 for a new one, and how should I take care of it?

Art of Shaving is legit. I think T&H is a bit better but it’s like arguing Lamborghini vs Ferrari here.

I like Vulfix brushes, they start at like $25 for the smaller ones and hover around $50 or so for their mid-range brushes. My current brush is probably 8 years old and is perfectly fine still. They tell you to get a stand that hangs them upside down to dry but I didn’t do that for many years and didn’t seem to notice anything wrong.

My wife got me the beard care of the month club. Problem is it comes every month

Really nice brush

Straight razor I don’t use

A spray I use, almost every morning, but not really sure what it does, when I run out wouldn’t look for a similar

An oil,that is too oily. Like what it does, but I think it makes me break out. Like it to tame brows, but have to be very light or it gets in eyes

Beard shampoo. Whenever I shower. Not sure I need a special shampoo

Beard cream. I use it as a face cream as well whenever I shave. Maybe twice a week. I do need some sort of overall facecream

Most of this stuff will last years

I never wanted the maintenance of a straight razor. I use a Merkur ‘barber pole’ safety razor and almost always use Feather blades.

Hubby has started seeing “Hannah the Barber” regularly. He loves how she cares for his beard, but I think he loves her even more. I’d be jealous, but he speaks of her in an almost fatherly way, like he speaks of our nieces.

I don’t know what she does, (trims, conditions, etc) but I like it. He uses a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner in the shower. Probably not every day bc the 8 oz bottle lasts forever.

with Covid they don’t even ask about trimming my beard

brazilian

We live in a Covid denying state.

Can I get Hannah’s number :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I just use some shaving gel and Mach III blades. Or, rather, Target’s version of them. Works just fine on my sparse, 3-5 days between shaves, “beard”.

I had a makeup brush that looks kind of like a shaving cream brush that fell apart quickly and I was told it was because I stood it up after washing it and the water was getting into the top part that’s not meant to get wet.

Got it at Nordstrom and they replaced it for free, of course. But told me to hang it upside down if it was wet so that the new one didn’t also fall apart the same way.

So I do and never had any problems with the replacement. :woman_shrugging:

Of course I don’t wear makeup any more. But I did for years and it worked fine.

I may or may not have spent $220 on light switches and switch/outlet plates. House of Antique Hardware had a sale this week.

Getting pretty close to starting the bath, so I got push button light switches and fancy solid brass plates.

I already have some, this is what I’m working with. Now to find some quarter sawn oak for baseboards and trim.

2 Likes

I just spent $100 on a mail-order box of chocolates. It should come in a few days.