Something extravagant you bought just because

scary thing is, she’s not actually finding apartments that meet her requirements in her desired neighborhood of upper west side within this budget constraint.

This seems like the real constraint imo

Yeah, I got this friend too, see, and he’s really curious too. :popcorn:

Greenwich Village is nice too. Just sayin’…

yes it is, and not any cheaper than the UWS, but she’s pretty set on the UWS and not below something like 72nd street and below the 90’s is preferable. also, she prefers certain blocks. apparently right by central park, which i think is cool, is not good for her.

dentist

director at a local hospital, also has a private practice.

I own a 7.25 qt Le Creuset Dutch oven in cerise red.

Same, except mine is the 6.75 qt oval

We have the 6.75qt round one, in light blue.
Can’t say we bought it, as my wife asks for Williams-Sonoma gift cards for birthdays and Christmas, and has hoarded enough of them to get this recently.
I insist that we keep it in the box when not in use. With the little plastic pins for the lid AND the corrugated protector.

I actually didn’t buy mine either. My prior company had a catalog you could pick your anniversary gift from on the bigger anniversary dates. This was a 15th anniversary “gift”

The most we’ve spend on an object was an excellent HD TV back in 2007 for $1700. The same quality TV would now go for less than $250. It’s actually still a decent TV, but is now in my office as our 4th TV.

Most expensive frivolous purchase was a video game system for ~$400. I have spent $750 on computers before. After my EA, I bought $600 worth of scotch. Most expensive bottle was Macallan 18 (it was $190 at the time; it’s pushing or over $300 now).

We have spent $650 on dinner before. Special occasion. We’ve spent >$250 more times than I’d care to share.

Otherwise, we only spend extravagantly on vacations. My wife’s engagement ring was $250 (back when I made $8/hour) and she has no interest in anything more expensive.

We own several Le Creuset pieces, but they were all bought at discount shops.

I bought a Le Creuset set for my wife recently.

She is big into gourmet cooking now (due to Pandemic) and she told me how good they are.

1 Like

We definitely spent money on kitchen things. Henckels cutlery, Vitamix blender, cookware is a mix of All-Clad, Le Creuset, and some Calphalon tri-ply (plus some less expensive non-stick). I suppose it’s extravagant, but if you cook much these are basically tools.

Now the Lello ice cream maker… probably extravagant by almost any stretch of the word.

(Same company?? Probably just the same gift company.)
Yeah, there is a La Creuset square grill pan with the ridges in my anniversary gift list. Thinking about it. “Hey, a $40 North Face backpack, or a $200 fancy pan?”

Yeah, there is a gift company that a lot of companies use. Individual employers using the gift company must choose the expense level by anniversary, as a friend and I at different employers got to choose anniversary gifts around the same time and my options were much nicer.

Ha, I have all of the above, also :slight_smile: Precisely the same brands.

$300 pair of socks, a fur sink, an electric dog polisher, a gasoline powered turtleneck sweater.

1 Like

Reminds me of the DJT golden toilet. When you get things to try and show off you’re wealthy but why on earth would you actually want a gold toilet.

Because a see through terlet is grooooooooooss!!! :nauseated_face: