Something extravagant you bought just because

I don’t care about that sort of thing.

My wife is the interior decorator in the family. Anything furniture related, or design related, she chooses (she is light years better at it than I am).

I just choose the electronics because she can be a bit of a luddite.

1 Like

How’s the daughter btw? She must be at least a year now?

I’d definitely spend a fortune on interior design if I ever decide a house is my forever/dream house.

I can’t stand white walls/ceilings.

She is almost 2 years old now.

Doing very well.

My only real concern at this point is that she doesn’t interact much with other little kids due to the Pandemic.

People are still very paranoid about letting little kids play together.

Will be putting her into a private nursery next year (its a private school but also has a reception years attachment (this usually starts at 2/3 years of age)), so at that point she will be interacting more with kids her age.

2 Likes

Glad to hear. One of the great parts of the pandemic has been having more time with my kids, but agreed it’s tough to arrange play dates. My nephew is an only child (although soon to have a little brother) and I often think it’s a bit sad he doesn’t get to see his cousins much. It definitely changes when you have more, endless interactions haha.

Preschool definitely helps, agreed on getting them started as young as possible.

So for your 'Murican audience, that’s what in real money?

At that time, probably $900 k.

That’s not that much money for a house between 2 people with an income.

TIL.

my sister’s top range for an apartment for just her is $1.75 million plus 2500 per month in maintenance in USD.

Reasons why I don’t want to live in NYC for 1.75 million Alex.

4 Likes

Wow. I assume she makes 500k-600k to afford that.

I don’t know how much she makes and I don’t want to know how much she makes. I make people shut up if they even get close to revealing her salary.

The most annoying part of it is she claims she’s not rich.

Making $600k (not that I’m saying she makes this much) in many parts of NYC and you’re not rich.

yeah I think my ex in NYc made around 500-600k in NYC and definitely not rich. He just owns a decent sized 1br apartment in UWS. Definitely not my definition of “rich”.

then i guess i’m poor.

How does the dolphin ring fit?

1 Like

i’m pretty sure my sister isn’t married to JAS.

Only pretty sure, huh

she has a high powered impressive job all on her own.