Smoking and grilling

My everyday bacon (really it’s once or twice a month at most) is Costco Kirkland bacon.

The only mail order bacon I’ve had is called Nueske’s and I think it’s from Wisconsin. It’s not super outrageously expensive, but it does cost more than grocery store bacon. I give it :+1: :+1: Look here, a 5lb pack is $55 so $11 per pound for some premium stuff.

I forgot about Nueske’s. My sister ordered me some as a gift and it was quite good.

At 425 for 50 to 1 hr? On foil in the smoker, or is the foil in the Mar 27 pic just for serving?

We did a Peruvian neighbor’s (chicken wing) recipe in the oven a couple of years back. Quite tasty, but wife said recipe was involved. Probably try the dry rub first.

Depends on wing size. Small wings will probably be done in 45 min, big ones closer to an hour. Check them around 40 minutes

The foil was just for easy cleanup. I wouldn’t foil wings in the smoker as I imagine it would inhibit crispiness

Pork tenderloins on the grill tonight

1 Like

Neighbor got a new gas grill. It has a flat surface. Cleanup looked easy. Other than that…pros/cons?

Blackstone Griddle, or similar competitor product?

Seems like a fun toy. I’ve considered getting one.

I think it was the Blackstone Griddle

I am making something

1 Like

Sauced chuck roast with bacon on top?

Goal was to smoke up some poor man’s burnt ends.

I was out of chuck from my freezer (shocking)
Had to use a “sirloin” or “rump” roast.
Went with sirloin and toasted some extra bacon on it as it looked too lean.

In hindsight, it might have been a tri-tip, and i should have cooked it differently.

Still on its way up, at about 175 after 6 hours.
Currently wrapped in butcher paper.
Looking at a 6pm to 7pm dinner.

1 Like

Honestly, this butchering has some odd cuts.

Huh. Burnt ends are nice enough, but i like a nice rare sirloin steak more. I’d have just made steak. :wink:

(I understand hankering after a particular food. This just surprises me.)

im with whiskey on this

1 Like

The plan was to do an all day cook and this was the best looking thing i could find in my freezer on friday (other than a full brisket that would not have been thawed by sunday night).

We have countless rib, T-bone and sirloin from our past steer, so that is whete we normally turn for steak.

However, after noticing how many rump and sirloin roasts i have down there, i need to get creative.

That is actually just a dry rub with the bacon fat basting the roast as it goes.

Turned out really good.
Forgot to take pictures as we had a “tornado watch” level thunderstorm come through just as it was time to take off the finished product.

Bacon was useful for the leaner cut we ended up using.

so it was ready between 745 and 815 last night? it was momentarily ugly

1 Like

7:45 exactly according to the “Flame Boss”