Shortages and stuff

We sold our boat this summer. Bought it new in 2017 and got 10% less than what we paid for it. I thought that was absurd. Then again I went to get a new battery from the Searay store we bought ti from and they had 3 boats for sale and all of them were over $600,000. They told a customer who walked in while I was there it would be next year before they could get a sub $100,000 boat due to the wait list.

Friday delivery and I am completely stocked. :relieved: We sell 20oz sodas at the concession stand. I was looking at alternative sources, and the 20oz size is almost exclusively sold as an impulse purchase at the checkout line, or in convenience store coolers. Normally priced around $2 in my area. Had I needed to buy from those sources, it would have been more profitable to buy 2L size retail and sell for same price.

There is a dearth of packages of rice cakes in grocery stores near me.

You could sell 2L bottles, and, say, five red solo cups combined.

What was absurd? Did you get more or less than you thought you would get?

And . . . 10 girls?

1 Like

I was driving by the old lumber store and there was a bit of a lineup to get in.

Dude

Hook me up with that lumber

Cabinet wait times are 4 months over here

I very much assume he thought it was absurd that it only depreciated 10% over 4 years from new. Same thing with my car, it wasn’t fully new but not old, checked the other day, could get around 90-95% of its value after 5 years. Made me consider having us go down to a 1-vehicle family, but nah, that’s occasionally a pain and the hassle is too much.

Wow, makes me wish I was living in London during ww 2, that would be so much better than the horror not being able to find my favourite brand of crisps :sob:

I used to buy these at Whole Foods, but then they stopped carrying them for some reason and I haven’t seen them in several years. They are the absolute best tortilla chips you can buy. I moved to Kansas last year and haven’t looked for them, time to get in the game.

Isn’t that like a weekend drive for you

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-10/italy-braces-for-pasta-inflation-amid-soaring-durum-wheat-prices

Apparently Costco is putting in restrictions again on how much toilet paper and cleaning products you can buy

Oh, COVID tests are in short supply, at least the Binax tests my company uses. Took me almost a week to find some. They pop up on the CVS/Walgreen’s/Wal-Mart website and sell out in minutes.

I’d noticed that awhile ago so bought another pack each of TP and paper towels before I normally would have.

A year ago I discovered that I could fit a giant commercial “tubeless” roll on the dispenser in my master bathroom, and bought a case of giant rolls of paper. I just brought the last of those upstairs from the basement to the master bathroom, so I ordered a new case. It was in stock. Assuming it gets delivered, I guess I have another year’s supply for the master bath.

I also grabbed a case of regular paper for the family bathroom.

Shopping list items unavailable at Costco:

Corona (!!!)
Pita chips
Frozen corn

finally got my new piano. it took shorter than they estimated. i like it, other than it seems to be more meant for a tall person. like, why with the new yamaha clavinovas is the stand to hold music so high up rather than eye level?

1 Like