Shortages and stuff

I can tolerate buying from some random person on ebay if it means (significantly) lower prices (as well as a reasonable assurance of quality).

Pepsi bottler was out of Pepsi for weekly Tuesday delivery. Luckily they will have a special Froday delivery with some. Gatorades are still hit or miss

TOP DEFINITION

Fro Day

The day where you realize you need a haircut.

Melvin: when did I grow this Afro? I’m having a Fro Day and I need to get a haircut.

Devin: dude, your hair has been tht ugly forever. We’ve all been waiting for this Fro Day.

2 Likes

Graphics cards are selling for like 4x mrsp from random Chinese ppl on ebay which is how bad it is.

1 Like

i heard that from someone last night about gatorade - apparently hard to find. weird.

Went to three gun stores to pick up some magazines. All out of the ones I needed (Springfield). Glock seemed to be the only ones available.

Toilet paper has been hit or miss at Costco. I normally would have waited a couple more weeks to buy, but picked one up when I was there last.

Apparently it has been going on for almost a year. I don’t drink Gatorade, so I hadn’t noticed.
I do notice that some particular sodas are out of stock in a specific size. The particular soda I want in the particular size I want.

Found out last weekend that there’s a shortage in my area of external acrylic paint. Went to a paint sotre, and they said that builders buy up shipments as soon as they get them in. Luckily Lowe’s could mix the color I needed and had plenty of stock. It wasn’t cheap, but I think it wasn’t ever cheap.

I’m always amazed at how expensive paint is.

1 Like

It is. But I’ve used cheap paint and expensive paint, and it’s worth it to at least not get the cheapest stuff. More expensive paints have more solids and less liquid and cover better, imo.

Behr Ultra worked well for me and it’s not too expensive. But I switched to Ben Moore, I can’t really say the paint is all that much better but I get better service. The people who work at my Ben Moore store are very knowledgeable about paint and stain.

1 Like

Now that I think of it, each time I go into a gas station the coolers are out of stock.

Fast food workers:

I usually find the most expensive and back off one or two levels. That’s pretty much my guide for most things in life (at least things that I want to last).

1 Like

Child size?

1 Like

I was in a beach town and stopped into a convenience store for a cold drink. I prefer the sugar free sports drinks and a few other sugar free items (iced tea, vitamin water, seltzer water,…). I’m pretty flexible but they were out of everything I wanted except for one grape flavored drink. Did not enjoy, but I was thirsty and that was the only option.

Umm, did they have water?

1 Like

Only 1L bottles.

Grocers Prepare for Possible Snack Shortages as Mondelez Workers Strike

Grocers Prepare for Possible Snack Shortages as Mondelez Workers Strike

U.S. grocery stores are boosting orders of Ritz crackers and stocking up on alternatives in case a strike at Mondelez International, now stretching into its fourth week, slows production of the crackers or cookies such as Oreos or Chips Ahoy.

:scream: :scream: