Shit that didn't make sense even for kids but we just went along with

well they sent my dog to the dog farm, soā€¦

that ancient people saw all kinds of animals and humanoids in the constellations, and then they show us the map of the constellations and itā€™s just random lines and rectangles

2 Likes

that jesus christ is the son of god
(someone had to say it)

that the mailman was my real dad

That eating certain foods would put hair on my chest. It was meant as an incentive but was a deterrent, plus whatever it was my dad was trying to convince me to eat was something disgusting like gristle.

The way itā€™s taught isnā€™t supposed to make sense. Like Jesus is the son of God, but heā€™s also supposed to be God like at the same time. Then them kids are like, yo nun, that donā€™t make no sense. Then she be all like, well ainā€™t supposed to make sense because humans r dumb. And then they just go along with it.

2 Likes

yeah, ridiculousness.

at least with santa claus we admit thatā€™s not real. not so with jesus.

I think the Tooth Fairy teaches children an important life lesson, to take the money and not ask questions.

Re: OP this thread

one day there is gonna be a santa claus child abductor. kids are told not to talk to or go with strangers, but also that santa claus is good and breaks into your house on christmas eve, so why would they know not to go with a child abductor dressed as santa claus?

Yeah, I still donā€™t get that.

Maybe thatā€™s why the tooth fairy wouldnā€™t come, and your mom had to do it.

Iā€™ve always though that was more like a mnemonic for remembering the constellations before you could write it down, or use your ipad.

This is the pic on the cover of my kidā€™s creepy ass book. I could totally buy that the wolf just bundled up in a bunch of blankets and comforters and just lay there. Add to it that people just stumbled around in the dark in those days because candles were like $20 a pop. Yeah, voice will sound rough, but grandmas always sound rough, even when they arenā€™t sick.

The whole what big eyes, ears, etc. bit is great btw. Riding hood is S-tier Grimms.

Could also go in the inflation thread.

I first started buying comics when I was six or seven and my weekly allowance was 20 cents. Disney comics were 20 cents, so each week I went into the store on a Saturday morning and added a new one to my collection. It was something I really looked forward to.

After some months though, I went to pay at the counter and they said ā€œ25 cents, pleaseā€ and I said there must be some mistake, but they were correct, right there on the top right hand corner of the comic in 1970s Disney font, it said 25 cents. It rocked my world and I went home comicless. My parents gave me a 25% raise the next week (high inflation in those days).

I still think it sucks.

In the original Peter Pan, they didnā€™t need fairy dust to fly.

That was added as a ā€œdo not try this at homeā€ feature.

1 Like

I remember performing the original play and then later seeing the Disney movie and noticing that there were no lines about fairy dust in the play like there were in the movie.

but then you can buy fairy dust at the disney store to sprinkle on your friend before he jumps off the 15th story window

On the TV show Dallas, they replaced actress Barbara Bel Geddes in the role of Miss Ellie with Donna Reed. Yet the grandchildren didnā€™t seem to notice when Donna Reed appeared. I expected the kids to say, ā€œYouā€™re not my grandma!ā€

Similarly, no one on the show noticed when they replaced the actor Darren on Bewitched, Seinfeldā€™s father on Seinfeld, Vivian Banks on the sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Rossā€™ ex-wife Carol on Friends, etc.