Seahawks Are Still For Real This Time

I was wrong. Niners seemed to start the second string in the first half.

Still, thanks to the Broncos for being patsy of the year.

Nathan Rourke, the Canadian-born BC Lions QB discussed earlier in this thread, just signed a three year deal as backup QB for Jaguars. Two dozen NFL teams offered him a tryout and he accepted tryouts with 12 teams. Had hoped he might move down the I-5 to the Seahawks but he didn’t try out with them.

1 Like

Seahawks do have $34-39M in cap room. There is about $9M needed to pay 2 first round picks. They have massive amounts open for 2024. Choices are to sign Geno as a bargain or try to sign someone like Lamar for 4 years. With Walker, Lockett and DK, Lamar will not be punished as much. Draft Edge and DB in round 1 and this team is a contender again. Another route would be Jimmy G at a bargain for 3 years.

Guessing Geno and Jimmy G get around 3/100M and Lamar gets 4/150M.

I see that SEA has the back-to-back TNF, vs SF on T-Day, NBC, then DAL, On fricken Prime.
Trying to predict SEA games on my local TV. Need to wait for 506 to update.

Debating heading out for the Thanksgiving Night game.
Would be my first game since 2019 “NFC West Championship” where Lynch returned from retirement.

1 Like

Updated with 506 data:

1. vs LAR: 100% on cuz LAR
  2. at DET: 0% on: LAR on late, both on Fox, and CBS has the DH.
  3. vs CAR: 10% on: on CBS, Fox has the DH, and NE at NYJ in the morning is the likely one shown.
  4. at NYG: 100%: MNF
  5. BYE: 0%.
  6. at CIN: 40% on: CBS in the morning, not much competition, but NE at LVR in the afternoon, and Fox has the DH. Fox/Rams might insist that local CBS not show a game same time as theirs.
  7. vs ARI: 0%: LAR on at same time, same network.
  8. vs CLE: 0%: LAR on Fox in the morning, SEA in the Afternoon, but CBS has the DH.
  9. at BAL: 80%: on CBS in the morning, but Fox has the DH. LAR on Fox in the morning, so networks might agree not to show a game at the same time. That would mean IND at CAR on in LA in the afternoon. Yawnfest.
  10. vs WAS: 0%, as DAL on at same time, same network, and they are the “national game of week.”
  11. at LAR: 100%: cuz LAR.
  12. vs SF: 100% T-Day NBC.
  13. at DAL: 0%: on Prime, so not.
  14. at SF: 0%: on Fox, but CBS has the DH and LAR on Fox in the AM.
  15. vs PHI: 0%: Fox has the DH, but DAL at BUF is the “National Game of the Week.”
  16. at TEN: 50% on: as LAR on Thur, and LAC on Sat; on CBS, Fox has the DH, the other games on CBS don’t seem as interesting (in May).
  17. vs PIT: 0%: on Fox, CBS has the DH, and LAR on Fox in the AM.
  18. vs ARI: 5% SEA and LAR playing same time, same network, and not against each other. Unless LAR or SEA are switched to SNF, even then, DAL at WAS might be a better LA draw, cuz DAL.

Looks like a lot of not watching for now. None of their games even seem SNF-switch-worthy, and they have no games scheduled for SNF.
Estimated four to six games, as of 5/25.

Marshawn Lynch’s new movie is coming out shortly. Marshawn plays a history teacher, Mr. G, who heads up a fight club ran by two students in their senior year. Lynch is getting rave reviews but I will probably give his movie a miss.

1 Like

Pete Carroll discussing goal line play of Super Bowl on Richard Sherman’s podcast was fantastic. Heartbreaking, but the approach and thought process was interesting. They had 4 plays picked out to run to ensure they could run 4 plays if needed. He wasn’t calling the plays but was good with the pick when it came through and then talked about the moments when you have to face the music.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see that Pete owns the responsibility for that call; but I don’t fault him for it.

Superb Owls are always places where the bold will become (in)famous for making unconventional decisions. The play Carroll approved had the potential to catch NE off guard given that they were likely setting up to “overplay” a defense against Beast Mode. It just turned out that ONE player on D made a very good heads-up play for a pass.

Also, shouldn’t have been at that place in the first place. Not researching, but there were probably several other mistakes made in the game before this. Wilson should also have known that if no one is extremely open, throw it into the stands.

4 Likes

Will be nice to see Bobby Wagner in a Seahawks jersey again on Sunday rather than lining up on the other side of the ball. He should be extra fired up for the game so hopefully has a good one.

1 Like

Agreed since my lime green jersey is 54

1 Like

I get to watch this, setting up the TiVo now.

1 Like

We’ll see if the Seahawks can continue on the upswing this year. Still think they will need a new QB to threaten for a SB.

My 49ers OTOH. Look out if they stay healthy.

I think it will be SF-Seattle in the 1-2 positions in the West. Just hope second place in the West is good enough for Seahawks to get into the playoffs.

1 Like

Not really going out on limb since the betting odds to win the NFC West are
-175 SF
+210 SEA
+850 LAR
+2,700 ARI

Though based on preseason odds, it would seem that Seattle should be one of the teams “In the Hunt” come December. But the NFL can have huge year to year variance for a number of reasons.

1 Like

The Rams are the question mark in my mind. I don’t trust them to flop like many are expecting. We may know soon as they are the Hawks’ first opponents.

A lot of things need to go right for the Rams to be “good”. They had all kinds of cap problems coming out of the SB runs and their best two offensive players have big time injury question marks. But this being the NFL, things can and often do change quickly.

Alright: TiVo listing shows CHI v GB!! So I might have to check the listing to see if TiVo will cancel the recording because the game changed.

I am struggling to understand how LA Rams versus Seattle is not the main fixture to view in LA? What am I missing?