San Diego

The book is pretty good, too, which uses The Del as the geography. The movie is set at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac.

Is it safe to assume:

8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Celebration of New Members

relates to FCAS recognition?

Reading another section I think so…

" Celebration of New Fellows and Associates

(8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. PT)
All meeting attendees are invited and encouraged to attend this session — come celebrate the achievements of new CAS members!"

Still can’t decided on going re health/safety. Would be nice to, but I am not currently compelled to do so.

San Diego or Disney World?

I think I can only go by myself. I don’t think my wife can come with me, since need to watch our kids…

I may not go to anything… Can you get recognized virtually?

wait, when is disney world?

In may 2022

Imo just go and then text them a photo of you on that log splashy ride

Splash Mountain at WDW’s Magic Kingdom might be closed at that time for retheming.

Skipping San Diego for Orlando next spring. Not that I wouldn’t go to San Diego - been there when one of my kids graduated from USMC boot camp - but when I go, I typically take Mrs. Hoffman and so our criteria is “are there people she knows from her online twin group that she could meet and would want to meet?”

SD, could meet: yes
SD, want to meet: no
Orlando, could meet: yes
Orlando, want to meet: yes

I can hang out alone with women without my wife’s permission, with or without adequate chaperoning.

I went to my ACAS meeting alone in Montreal without my spouse/cow-orkers going, and had a blast. Some late night bar-hopping, even got a consultant to treat us to a strip club on St. Catherine (interestingly enough, the same one where I had a memorable experience at my BIL’s bachelor party a year or two before). The only awkward moment was when a bunch of us were dancing to some music. A female actuary who was drunk grabbed my hands and did some dance moves. She did this with at least one other married guy in the group. Shortly afterwards one of the DWS recruiters made sure she got back to her hotel room safely - don’t have any juicy details on what exactly happened after they left, and I’m guessing that he behaved himself.

We were out till 3am, I fell asleep at the strip club but fortunately got up in time to walk to my hotel room with one of the other guys. Our conversation was mostly about the drunk woman trying to get us in trouble.

1 Like

I’m all registered — looking forward to being back at an in person meeting.

99% sure I’ll be registering for this one. Will be my first, I’m super excited!

1 Like

Yeah I can’t get excited about going to large crowds of people still, so gonna miss it. Sad about it, but my priorities are elsewhere currently. Maybe Orlando won’t be a cluster come Spring…

So. … 10 days out — who’s headed to California?

I’m passing on this one. I WILL go to disney though

Ah, you’ve already answered my question!
I’m still thinking about heading down for a day, not sure which day, and the traffic will suck. I’m not CAS, so I’d just be milling about. Need a GoA-tacular set up!

1 Like

We’ve found the mole!

1 Like

I think I am going for one day.

Me! But not for this, I’m going to visit family at the opposite end of the state. Enjoy that nice San Diego weather, I’m going to be freezing my butt off.

1 Like

:raised_hand: This guy

1 Like