Sad thoughts

:cry:

I lost a 17 year old family member to a car accident a long time ago. It’s so hard.

1 Like

Now the older dog here is making me sad. She has a really hard time climbing stairs and cannot jump at all. It seems to be getting worse in the past few days. She wanted to get to the movie room where everyone other than me convened to watch a movie. She usually hobbles on up. The past few days she just stands at the bottom of the stairs all sad not knowing what to do. She hobbled over to me and barked and whined. Eventually we just sort of encouraged her to hobble up the stairs as we had to hold the younger dog back from being a jerk and jumping all over her while she attempted this. Sometimes she gets picked up to be put on a couch or bed but she cant get down and then has to bark or whine to be lifted down. Its so sad to watch.

6 Likes

So this got pushed back to today for a variety of reasons. :grimacing:

Tough to say… through no fault of NH our computers are running at stupidly slow speeds which meant we didn’t get as far as I would have liked. Two dumb mistakes… one I didn’t tell her about but based on her experience I would’ve expected her to get right… one I explicitly warned her about and she still got it wrong. Ultimately no impact from either error, but still… :grimacing:

Tomorrow is do or die time, I think. I really like this gal. RHP really likes this gal. Owner really doesn’t want to pay for two people to do the work of half a person indefinitely though.

If you’re the praying sort, please say a prayer for NH.

3 Likes

That makes it tough. Did NH have an explanation for this?

Caught it after NH left. I will remind her tomorrow and keep an eye out.

You like her. But do you want to rely on her work?

Oh trust me, I understand the issue.

the owner sounds like a POS.

tell the owner, how would you like it if NO ONE did this

puts things into real perspective.

yeah, now pay up, bitch.

I read this very quickly as: “over the weekend a drunk driver ran over my two kids in town.”

Quite a different story there.

My son’s therapist broke up with him. She recommends animal therapy (horses maybe?) or something involving figurines/dolls. Sigh.

His issues aren’t unique, he just has a really hard time communicating with strangers. So any therapy is going to be a challenge.

:cry:

Did he like seeing her? Is he taking it hard or is he ok about it?

He really didn’t connect with her, I think he would do better with a man, but there are so few therapists out there who take kids under 10, and very very few men. And I’m sure there will be a long wait list for anyone new.

He seems more relieved than rejected. She was kind about the whole thing, she just doesn’t think he really connects with her and she is worried he will begin to associate therapy with something awful. She’s not wrong, it’s just frustrating to have to go through.

2 Likes

I understand completely. I’m glad that at a minimum at least he is not dejected about it. I know it’s hard to find good therapists these days, and it’s believable that there are few male child therapists.

Sorry you’re going through this.

1 Like

Do child therapists see the child alone, or are parents part of the session? Would your child be more likely to trust someone they experience having your trust?

We have done half the session with a parent, half the session without. He gets to choose which half first. He prefers us not being in there, he does seem to participate better that way. He struggles with showing negative emotions, which is a reason why he is in therapy - the issue is, embarrassment is one of those emotions, and he seems embarrassed to talk about things in front of us. I relate to that; I still struggle to emote in front of my parents, and I’m hoping to help him avoid a lot of what I went through.

1 Like

My husband and I, like most parents I assume, use a lot of our kids’ funny sayings and silly mannerisms when talking to each other. Like, we have a video of my oldest son from when he was a toddler and his dad was asking him to do something. He kept saying “I don’t. I dooooon’t. I DON’T!!” And we use that a lot.

One of our former foster sons who was incredibly charming and manipulative as a three year old would say “I small!” As he gestured his hands from his head down to his waist to show us how small he was when we asked him to do something. So my husband and I say that a lot to each other when we don’t want to do something the other is asking us to do.

Anyway, the other day I said “I small” and did the gesture and it just felt so sad. He left about a year ago, and it’s mostly happy memories, and I’m glad he was reunified, but I really miss him.

I got a notification from another former foster son’s doctor through mychart (we have told them repeatedly to remove our access, we have told their case worker, but we still have it) that he has an appointment coming up for autism. I recently had to log into mychart for my son, and while I never click on the former foster son’s account in the drop down, I can see his photo when I click on the drop down to see my son’s account. He’s getting so big, such a handsome boy. He left us almost two years ago now, he will be five soon.

Bittersweet stuff. I go through phases of wistfulness with all of them, some more than others because of how long they were with us and how old they were/how we bonded.

6 Likes

a

4 Likes

Hubby lost an aunt today. She was suffering and on hospice but it’s still kinda hard for his family.

3 Likes

:therethere:
I thought it’d be a relief when my mom was finally freed of her suffering (it’s surreal waiting around for someone to die) but it turned out grief was overwhelming with no longer having to be strong, supportive, optimistic or whatever like when she was still alive, and I was desperate to have her back for even another minute.

8 Likes

Losing a mother is always hard. May her memory be a blessing to you. :people_hugging:

2 Likes