Sad thoughts

Yes, that is fantastic.

Car was stolen outside a pizzeria in Columbus and found near a Papa John’s in Indianapolis.

“Jackson allegedly stole the Honda Accord from outside Donatos Pizza when the boys’ mother went inside to picke up a Door Dash order. She left the children inside with the car running, authorities previously said.”

2 Likes

Nic Cage still on the loose, I see.

One of the dogs just had a seizure. It happens to him sometimes and it’s horrifying to watch :cry: I think he’s okay now. Vet didn’t give a reason for these seizures.

2 Likes

:cry::cry::cry:
My ex-husband’s dog was the sweetest dog ever and she’d get seizures for no apparent reason. Not too often when she was young but as she got older they became more frequent and eventually required medication.

It was just so heartbreaking to watch. I’d just hold her (or he would if he was home, but I was home more than he was, so usually me) and hopefully she knew on some level that we loved her SO much. Hope they stay infrequent on your host’s dog.

yeah, he was begging for food one second and seizuring the next. his owner held him until he stopped. it took a few minutes. then he acted like nothing happened, but while it’s happening he looks so confused and it’s so sad.

1 Like

he was kinda a disaster when he first came here as a rescue. i think his previous owners sucked. he destroyed all the furniture. now he’s calmed down a bit as it’s been a few years. still wants to play constantly but has calmed down and doesn’t really destroy stuff like he used to. his previous owners probably couldn’t deal with the destroying furniture and gave him up. when i first met him i couldn’t stand him, but now he’s my bff.

seizures don’t happen that much, but it’s scary.

1 Like

his eyes are all blood shot right now. side effect?

Aw, poor baby. I know they look awful, but with our dog the vet said they weren’t as bad as they seem. I still always felt awful for her when they happened.

Apparently they’re pretty common with her breed (chow chow). The breed is not known for having a sweet temperament but she really truly did.

The anti-seizure medication definitely helped, but in her case it just slowed her decline. Obviously a million things might be different with your friend’s dog.

Gosh, I’m trying to remember. We lost that dog in January 2008, IIRC, so it’s been almost 15 years…

I don’t specifically recall bloodshot eyes, but maybe I’m just not remembering that part.

yeah, this dog doesn’t have a mean bone in his body (unless you’re a bunny).

the other dog trained him immediately not to annoy her. a few growls and f-offs from her and he learned his place. now he won’t bug her to play unless she initiates and seems to respect her authority even though she’s old and feeble and he is way stronger. he just wants to be liked by humans and other dogs and sometimes goes about it in an annoying way.

his eyes seemed to be bulging out of his head when he was seizuring.

We had a dog with seizures. Meds helped but not enough, and he was put down after the seizures over time made him more aggressive and he mauled our other dog. The vet warned us the seizures would damage his brain.

I don’t recall bloodshot eyes, but he had his own post-seizure symptoms, like drooling and overheating/panting. If he wasn’t getting enough oxygen when he was seizing, it would make sense that his eyes would bulge. Sounds scary, I’m glad he is ok.

ugh, i hope that doesn’t happen to this dog. :cry:

he was drooling while he was having a seizure.

1 Like

That would be scary.

Sons roomie had a seizure while they were home last week. My son called 911 and they took him to ER.

Roomie missed walking in graduation last week bc of the concerns post seizure (very possible to have another and he was very uneasy risking it).

They found a mass on his brain that needs removing and is the likely cause of the seizure. Apparently it is assumed to be very unlikely to be cancerous. Recovery will be rough. Multiple months. Time will tell if the mass was affecting the brain in such a way that the 18 month old bipolar diagnosis is related to the mass.

Thats a lot of shit for a 23yo to deal with

4 Likes

That’s really scary, but seems like a positive prognosis, so that’s good news. Should make for a hell of a story when he is older. I hope he has family and friends around to help with the recovery.

Sounds like he had the seizure at an ideal time - at home with someone to get help, not driving, not in the shower or bath. I’m sure in his situation I would be replaying over and over how much worse it could have been.

1 Like

Theres a ton that was a “best case” for suffering the episode. Once he has distance and health from the procedure and recovery i bet it will be discussed more.

A side sad thought - his dad (a v good friend of mine) is prone to saying dumbass shit about what he hopes this kid is focused on (or at least looking forward to). No, you moron, your son is not concerned w getting a job after graduation but instead is more focused on the upcoming brain surgery. And the fear that comes from that and the inability to drive for 6 months. And being bipolar. Wtf, how do you not see it that way?

1 Like

Not saying the dad isn’t a dumbass in his own right, but he might also be scared about brain tumor and surgery for his kid, so he minimizes the consequences to avoid facing them.

1 Like

From Raising Arizona?

In surgery now to remove the mass. they believe it could have been there 10 yrs or more based on the type and size. concerns that they may not be able to get it all given the size as they need to play carefully with the parts of the brain that are nearby.

So…give us some happy vibes.

6 Likes