Sad thoughts

Me too. His cancer keeps spreading, hence the brain surgery, and he’s been feeling hopeless and treatment seems pointless. He recently started getting worked up to see if he’s a candidate for a clinical trial, saying that even if he dies he could be helping someone down the road. Fuck cancer.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry to read that. Fuck cancer.

Sorry to hear that, JFG. :frowning_face:

So sorry JFG.

Talked to his wife. Things are bleak. It’s hard enough making end of life decisions for a parent. I can’t imagine how much harder it is to make those decisions for a spouse.

7 Likes

Fuck Cancer

1 Like

Cancer took my mom some time ago. I wonder if in hindsight she might have chosen hospice sooner than she did, as the treatment was brutal and she was in bad shape.

Fuck Cancer

1 Like

Fuck cancer, you fucking thief.

3 Likes

Lot’s of suicidal women in the news the last couple of weeks.

There was a James Madison softball player, and the team ended up just saying “no thanks” on the rest of the season.

Naomi Judd. I don’t know what the heck happened there. She was rich and famous.

There was a Southern University cheerleader that I read about.

Now this prison guard woman waved off her retirement to go on the lamb for 11 days with a 6 foot 9, 330lb psycho, as if they had a chance of going undetected for too long.

1 Like

The news says she had a romantic involvement with him, but I have to wonder if it was some kind of blackmail.

“Hmm, if I don’t help him escape, he’ll rat on me, and I lose my job. If I help him escape and go with him, I’ll lose my job. Tough choice.”

Wikipedia says she had a history of depression. I don’t think that has to depend on the particulars of your life at all.

Yeah, and I believe being rich and famous only exacerbates mental illness.

Sometimes looking at my kid makes me think about my mom.

5 Likes

Said goodbye to our foster son yesterday. While I was at work, my husband took down his bed, so when I came home, it felt like he was erased. From our home anyway, not from our hearts.

Could also cross post to happy thoughts, because this is what is best for him and his family, or complicated thoughts, if that existed, or random thoughts.

Joy and sorrow can be mixed together in very strange ways.

9 Likes

A friend has been having balance problems for a couple of years. Early this month it got dramatically worse. He had to take an ambulance to the hospital, and he’s never going home. He has arranged to move to an assisted living place, sight unseen, because he doesn’t really have a better choice.

4 Likes

I’m sorry, that sucks.

1 Like

Three of my six siblings have been hospitalized for suicidal ideation. One of them is in the hospital right now. Fortunately, she’s being released later today.

I’m glad to be spared from that kind of turmoil, and I wish I understood why some people are more susceptible to depression, anxiety, and despair than others. I don’t know how to help.

9 Likes

That’s rough. Sending hugs and virtual support.

Letting them know that you love them and need them in your life may be all you CAN do. I’m sure that’s not a satisfying answer.

1 Like

So sorry, NA. My daughter has been there and it’s a constant worry for me. It’s so very difficult to have to constantly worry about your family like that.

1 Like