Running thread

Alright, enough of this shit.

DTNF, party pooper since the beginning of time.

1 Like

Depends: how far away was the bathroom?

Just stop you motha fā€™ers. You gonna make me lose my shit.

Iā€™ve entered the Pikes Peak Ascent coming up in September - a 13.2 mile run/walk with 7,800 feet elevation gain. One way to qualify was to have a half marathon under 2:30 in the last three years. The good thing was that you could do a private run and send them your run data.

I felt good on the weekend so I did a half marathon by myself. Didnā€™t feel quite so good after.

1 Like

Lol. The Times Iā€™ve done halfā€™s Iā€™m trying to break 3. 2:30 isnā€™t ever gonna happen, even though I know itā€™s not that hard for many. My daughter is well under 2.

1 Like

I thought that 2:30 would be easy. I was wrong. I did 2:23 and it was a big challenge to get that time - still sore. Fortunately I donā€™t have to do any more flat land long distances to train. The literature on the race say that most of it is more a fast uphill hike with a bit of slow running at the start.

1 Like

Half is hard to run for practice since there are usually lights and things, and itā€™s a nuisance to have hydration (carry or stash on route). Iā€™ve only done one proper half but those factors saved me an easy 5 - 10 minutes.

Running is for suckers.

1 Like

My son (12) wanted to run a sub-7 mile, so I paced him at the HS track this morning.

1:41, 1:47, 1:47, 1:34 splits for 6:49. Given what he had left for a kick, would guess he could run more like a 6:40 if we had been going harder earlier.

Also was pretty pleased with how I felt for a 6:49, was not even breathing hard until matching his kick.

5 Likes

Very good pacing to be that consistent. Looks like 1:41 for each split (a bit faster on the last - 1:37?) is very doable.

I ran a 10K this weekend in 1:08:XX
I enjoy the 10K distance
Still a runner!

I ranā€¦just ran, not within another sporting endeavorā€¦for the first time in several years this weekend. A surprise number on the home scale combined with an inadvertantly unflattering photo of only my torso taken by my unawares 3yr old while pressing random buttons on my phone gave me some real motivation to get back into some semblance of actual shape.

20mins on our old treadmill that I took from my parents. No idea how far as the display died out years ago. But I did a thing. For 2 consecutive days even! Flirted with a 5min mile back in the day. If I can get back to 6 at this point Iā€™d consider it an overwhelming success.

U ppl r fast

Have your super run for you.

1 Like

Is XX between 0 and 59?

My hematocrit is consistently over 50, usually 52. That would get me banned but I do not EPO.

I took my first week off in a year and a half. I ran every week in the winter even when it was single digit temps. In retrospect I should probably doing a week off once a quarter or so. The first runs back I intended to do easy but noticed I was going 30 seconds per mile faster than I thought Iā€™d go so maybe the rest was a good thing.

3 Likes

Blerg, have gotten back into fitness and itā€™s astonishing how much a couple years hits you when youā€™re a fat potato.

Yesterday did 0.5 miles and light squats, did light squats this morning and going for 1 mile this afternoon but my ass is so sore.

1 Like

couple of years? I feel like a bus hit me when I return after a couple of weeks (maybe) or months (def).