RIP Zombie AO

when lucy talked to patty simpson, she said approximately october 1. way past that date, so who knows.

She said the goal was October 1, ā€œbut you know how IT projects are.ā€ Or something like that. They didnā€™t post a date because they didnā€™t know.

October 1ā€¦ but never said anything about the year. Nice non-answer answer.

I still occasionally check the ip address when opening a new tab on my phone because itā€™s one of the bubbles offered. The refused language makes me sad. I used to know how to try different ports, but that knowledge is long lost.

They must use the same IT contractors that my company does.

1 Like

I did too at firstā€¦ very much. Iā€™m getting to be an old dog who doesnā€™t like learning new tricks. However Iā€™m starting to get used to it and itā€™s not so bad. Iā€™m not quite ready to say that I prefer it to VBulletin, but there are both plusses and minuses at least.

Give it a chanceā€¦ itā€™s not as hard to learn as it seems like it will be at first when the differences are overwhelming.

I like the live updates. Not as much of a fan overall though.

The Tutorial is worth doing. That helped quite a bit.

I miss the ao :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty much over it. Iā€™m good here - I just hope it can keep it up and maybe grow a bit.

2 Likes

I miss some of the history. And we need more posters, imo.

1 Like

I still miss it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™ll come. we get new signups and new posters every day. Since most forum visitors donā€™t post, we probably need 50-100 new signups to see a new person who contributes regularly. that just takes time.

We are over the biggest hump. It generally takes two years of constant posting to get a forum to the point where itā€™s viable. Weā€™re already well past that point. And note that the forum has been live about 6 months IIRC, maybe not even that long.

One of the biggest losses from the AO was the exam material and we donā€™t have critical mass in most of the exam sections yet. Working on it - weā€™re giving away some study seminars to see if we can get that ball rolling.

3 Likes

Itā€™s going to be a lot harder to build that up on the CAS side now that candidates canā€™t discuss exam questions. :worried:

Itā€™s really a shame this material wasnā€™t preserved. I think a lot of people on the AO first joined due to exam content.

3 Likes

I also liked it for the career advice. I miss the Westley stickies.

1 Like

Careful what you wish for, you could get another one like me :wink:

I like to think Iā€™ve helped make up for that post count deficiency by additional intense exam results anxiety

1 Like

Did he make it over here? Or was he gone before the demise?

Actually, it seems like thereā€™s a lot more CAS traffic here than SOA traffic. At least the upper level CAS threads are the busiest in the exam section.