RIP thread

I remember him fondly from Escape from Alcatraz and The Right Stuff. Unfondly from Naked Gun 33 1/3…

RIP

I think of him as the one kid’s dad from Road Trip. “We’ve been coming to this place for 20 years!” “We’ve only been open 8 years, sir.”

Any other Remo Williams fans?

1 Like

Remo: Chiun, you’re incredible!
Chiun: No! I am better than that.

Norm Macdonald filmed a secret special for Netflix which will show up on May 30th.

3 Likes

i watched that as a kid and thought chiun was an asian guy, only to find out recently that he was a white actor in yellowface :-1:

Joel Grey was famous enough, so I always knew. it was a different era

Very happy about Norm’s new special. My favorite all time comedian, so it will be nice to have a last nugget of his brilliance.

1 Like

Vangelis. He was awesome, just awesome. Music for Chariots of Fire, Blade Runner and 1492. Also the song I’ll Find My Way Home with Jon Anderson of Yes. Not a huge output but those soundtracks were classic. Took film music in a new direction.

3 Likes
1 Like

Gosh man, you see these storylines and think there’s no way they are right, with so many famous folks in their 60s passing away. Love Liotta too.

There has to be some under lying cause that they have kept private

Loved him in Wild Hogs. End credit scene with the Extreme Makeover scene was one of the best, IMO.

I would have guessed Ray Liotta was much older than 67. Guess it’s not uncommon for folks in their late 60s to die of natural causes but as I get older 67 now seem kind of young to go.

Just wait until you get well onto the other side of 67 like me and see all these “youngsters” dying!

67 is pretty young to die.

https://stump.marypat.org/article/676/mortality-monday-how-young-is-so-young-to-die

1 Like

I mean, you’ve got him, Norm, Bob Saget, and Gilbert Godfried as a few in the last year. It is quite surprising.

hope he finds something better than egg noodles and ketchup wherever he is

rip

1 Like

I thought he was excellent in Something Wild (the first movie I can remember him in). Very menacing.