The legendary moth joke:

3 Likes

And of course:

1 Like

ā€œBob Doleā€ misses Norm Macdonald. RIP

Saw the BIH thread was updated and thought ā€œwho could hate Norm Macdonald?ā€

Maybe OJ Simpson.

3 Likes

The news will definitely never be so funny again. RIP.

Norm and his style of comedy meant a lot to me and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever been this broken up about a celebrity death before. Truly shocking and I thought when I first saw it pop up that it was a joke. This sucks.

1 Like

A bunch of Clinton jokes (um, consider that these were originally aired at a later hourā€¦viewer discretion is advised):

Thanks for that tip. With the color scheme that I see the site in the timelie is really faint but now that I know to look for it I can find it.

Willie Garson, from Sex and the City and White Collar, died. He was 57. Seems like maybe he was sick.

RIP just saw this last night. He was great on both of those shows.

2 Likes

RIP Mozzie. :frowning:

Stu pointed out to me that he was one of my fave (side) characters from Stargate SG-1

1 Like

Iā€™ve been meaning to post this.

I thought I read that he had agreed to be in the rebootā€¦ I wonder where they are with filming.

That said, the movies were so bad, itā€™s hard for me to get excited about the reboot. Especially getting Anthony and Stanford together. Suspension of disbelief shattered with that plot line.

Still, RIP. I loved his character in the original series and itā€™s sad that he died so young.

He must have believed he was healthy enough to do the reboot or he wouldnā€™t have agreed to itā€¦ wonder what happened.

The second movie I agree is terrible, but the firstā€¦is one of my favorites. Not because itā€™s great or anything, but it is easy watching and I enjoy the character development.

Hmmm, weā€™ll have to agree to disagree. Fewer cringey moments in the second movie, although they did pretty much abandon the ā€œand the cityā€ part of the show.

Still, Iā€™m curious about the reboot. Probably not enough to pay for HBO, but enough to watch it if thereā€™s a free weekend or it comes to Netflix or something.

1 Like

So Iā€™m still mourning Norm and am watching/listening to appearances that he has done. Was listening to his appearance on the ID10T podcast (formerly Nerdist) from 5 years ago. Itā€™s chilling to listen to because he essentially discusses an instance of a person who was very sick and never told anyone up through his death and pretty much said that if ever was sick, he would likely do the same thing. This was 4 years into his battle with cancer, so he was already living what he was discussing hypothetically doing. If your curious to listen to it, start at around 1:13:30 and the next 3 minutes or so go into that.

1 Like