RIP thread

[nitpick]Cobra Kai[/nitpick]

Johnny ā€œWe could call it Kobra Kai Karateā€
Kid in dojo ā€œIā€™m not sure KKK is the best idea for our dojoā€
Or something like that.

I kinda remember that line, but the show is definitely called Cobra Kai, not Kobra Kai.

Absolutely that line was from when Johnny was looking for a new name for the dojo. Looking forward to season 4 which I think comes out in December. It will be strange if Asner is in that. Though I guess he wonā€™t be the first actor to have stuff come out posthumously. Maybe that was one of the ā€œ18 in productionā€ credits.

Carolyn Shoemaker passed a couple of weeks ago. RIP

I thought that I was going to die before making it to the bottom of this thread. I miss pagination.

Really sorry to see Ed Asner go, he was such a great actor. Really loved his appearances as Lou Grant (too bad the Lou Grant Show has virtually disappeared). Just watched his appearance on Rat Patrol and that was very good also.

2 Likes

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, ā€œinfinite scrollingā€ is a cross the creator of Discourse is willing to die on. He really really likes it.

This is not really the appropriate place for it, but I assume yā€™all know how to skip right to the bottom of a thread, correct? (I have to do this all the time, as I like adding to old threads)ā€¦ note, this is for web browser on a laptop, not an app (is there an app?) or anything like that.

See the ā€œtimelineā€ to the right of the post?

At the bottom is when the most recent post was. Click on thatā€¦ and you go immediately to the bottom of the thread.

The other method is to edit the URL, but clicking is simpler.

1 Like

Or in your phone click on the ā€œ2/309ā€ and you can jump to wherever you want.

1 Like

Just realized Tom T Hall passed away 8/20 while listening to a radio program celebrating the music of Hall, Griffith, and Everly today. He had some really good country songs from the 60s and 70s. Great lyricist.

Loved him as a kid. For some reason Sneaky Snake came into my head the other day.

RIP

Was best known as the Principal on Room 222 (emmy winner), until renewed fame as the Lysol spraying, everything has a Greek Origin, father on My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Who???

I actually read about it earlier today and was going to post but was busy then. He died more than a week ago.

But I was going to let PZ correct his post rather than post it myself.

I remember Room 222 when it was on. He showed up in lots of series for 1 episode. A few with more. I really like the fact that he is in a number of TV series multiple times as multiple different characters.

1 Like

Windex, not Lysol!

2 Likes

oops

1 Like

oops ^2

2 Likes