RIP thread

great show. i recorded the last episode. lied to my kids (16 and 22) that it’s a flash forward, binkie is in rehab, and Francine is a mob-boss running the trash company. glad they didn’t believe me

1 Like

With all the firsts that Arthur did, when I saw that posted here, I wondered if they were actually going to have Arthur die.

RIP, Hot Lips.

2 Likes

Note that she played the role in the movie, not the TV series.

Most people don’t remember the movie. It was not the cultural icon the TV show ended up being.

I still recall when Rene Auberjonois died, and I said he played Fr. Mulcahey (he did) but everyone was like, hell no, William Christopher was Mulcahey. Auberjonois had a long list of small parts in his lifetime, but Trekkers will know him as Odo on DS9.

1 Like

23 posts were split to a new topic: MAS*H

Mods, can you please rename this thread from R.I.P. thread to M*A*S*H thread?
Thanks.

RIP, RIP thread.

4 Likes

I moved them to their own thread

4 Likes
1 Like

Actress Farrah Forke has died.

I recall her from the TV show Wings where she played a helicopter pilot for part of the series . I was a big fan of Wings, which was set in the same “universe” as Cheers and Frasier. I thought she was quite attractive, and her character was basically set up to have the two main characters, brothers Joe and Brian, compete for her affections. The rest of her career turned out to be quite limited, with only a limited number of small parts.

Any one else remember her?

I remembered the Helen character, but after seeing “Alex” I remember her too.

I have a vague memory of the blond girl on Wings being cute, but beyond that I have almost no memory of the show wings despite having seen a fair amount of episodes at one time or another. Farrah Forke’s face looks familiar but looking at he IMDb page none of her work outside Wings rings a bell.

Is this our RIP thread for non-famous people, or is there a separate one for those?

RIP, king of the pastries

1 Like

He helped make me the man I am today

6 Likes
4 Likes

William Hurt

Played Leto Atreides in HBO’s Frank Herbert’s Dune . . . gotta see if I can find this w/o subscribing to HBO . . .

He crushed it in the 80’s. Excellent actor. Negative points from me for his Marlee Matlin relationship.

RIP