RIP thread

RIP DMX

So that’s where the “Ruff Ryders roll” thing came from.

Also never realized he went by “X” most of the time. “DM” means a much different thing in my social sphere.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-14/bernard-madoff-mastermind-of-giant-ponzi-scheme-dies-at-82

I’m not sure this obit belongs in this RIP thread. Do we have a BIH thread anywhere?

1 Like

No, and it’s probably not a great idea to attack him in this topic.

Feel free to create a BIH topic in general, or, perhaps better, a topic just for Madoff. Might be good to link to it from here.

Here ya go:

It belongs in the RIP-Off thread

Helen McCrory 52 - caner sucks

RIP Walter Mondale

Walter ‘Fritz’ Mondale Dies at 93; Vice President to Jimmy Carter Was a Civil Rights Advocate Walter ‘Fritz’ Mondale Dies at 93; Vice President to Jimmy Carter Was a Civil Rights Advocate - WSJ

Rip

Honestly another I didn’t realize was still alive. But guess Carter gonna outlive everyone.

RIP to a true Liberal

2 Likes

Jim Steinman dies at 73. He’s best known as a songwriter and has written hits for many artists, notably Meatloaf, but also Bonnie Tyler, Air Supply, and Celine Dion, among others. He had his own style of theatrical rock, with lyrics that are often quite story-like.

" Steinman was inducted into the songwriters hall of fame in 2012, which noted that he had sold over 190,000,000 records in a career spanning from the 1960s to 2016" That is a very, very big number of records for a career.

1 Like

Meant so much to my college years. Meatloaf was never close without him

And the last thing I see
Is my heart, still beatin’, still beatin’
Breakin’ out of my body
And flyin’ away
Like a bat out of Hell

2 Likes

from my favorite Steinman song, complete with a weiner joke…

"And now the chilly California wind
Is blowing down our bodies again
And we’re sinking
Deeper and deeper in the chilly California sand
Oh, I know you belong inside my aching heart
And can’t you see my faded Levis bursting apart
And don’t you here me crying, “Oh, babe, don’t go”?
And don’t you hear me screaming
“How was I to know?”

Something funny about the song: Two out of Three Ain’t Bad

“I want you,
I need you
but there ain’t no way I’m ever gonna love you,
don’t be sad,
'cause two out of three ain’t bad”

The Japanese release changes the title of the song to use a percentage, translating it as “66% is good enough”.

We played “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” at our wedding reception. Some people thought it was strange. Personally, I’m still praying for the end of time…

2 Likes

RIP Shock G, of Humpty Dance fame.

1 Like

Two of my daughter’s college friends were killed in an auto accident two nights ago. She wasn’t particular close to either one, though; but her campus is pretty small, and it’s hitting the study body pretty hard as a whole.

2 Likes

that is hard. There are no words.

Just be there to listen

Sorry. Been through similar. Agree with @PatientZombie.