RIP Thread - Pet Edition

That’s a great photo of him. RIP

1 Like

Thanks all.

Wife and I made the decision to put our puggle down. She’s been suffering from a form of arthritis in her hind quarters and it’s just getting worse; more so over the last week or so. The vet sold us some supplements (about 2 weeks ago) that could help with the condition–and it did make things better for a brief period–but she’s still declining and we can tell that she’s struggling more and more.

Don’t have a time set yet; but will likely be sometime next week so that our daughter (recent college grad) has a chance to say good bye this weekend.

We’ve had Abby for about 7 or so years. Got her as a “rescue”.

3 Likes

That’s so hard!

Pic of our pet from the start of the pandemic.

4 Likes

Update: Time is set for next Wed afternoon.

1 Like

A friend had to put his cavalier down. Zada was a black and tan and cousin to my tri-color cav. Rip Zada!

1 Like

:sob:

5 Likes

Rest well, faithful servant.

We are going to have to say goodbye to our Fred this week, and I hate it so much. We adopted him when he was about 6-7 weeks old in 2007, so we always said his birthday was 7/7/07.

He’s been an absolutely perfect cat for his entire life, but cancer is finally taking him away from us.

(Video is our good-night pets from 3 months ago).

13 Likes

Aw. Good-bye, sweet Fred.

So sorry for the loss of your Fred.

Welp, we couldn’t bring ourselves to say goodbye yet, and now I’m glad we didn’t. We went to the vet and tried a minor procedure to help him feel better and it seems to have worked. It may only get us another month or even just a couple more weeks, but I’m very glad he’s feeling better.

5 Likes

We had to say goodbye this morning. Fred will be greatly, greatly missed.

9 Likes

rip sweet boy, I am happy you all got an extra month with each other

1 Like

So sorry! What a cutie.

This one is devastating. Two months after saying goodbye to Fred we had to say goodbye to Caesar yesterday. For the past 4 weeks he’d been treated for potential IBD/pancreatitis, but it was actually cancer. By the time we found out what it was, he wouldn’t have been able to survive surgery.

Caesar leaves behind his bonded buddy, Max.

11 years ago, their owner passed away, and a neighbor took them in to foster til she could adopt them out. We met them and fell in love at first sight. Caesar brought me so much joy for the time I knew him, and was the cuddle cat I never knew I had wanted. He’ll be missed so much.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Condolences to all of you.

1 Like

RIP Caesar. :cry:

1 Like