Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

NC really has a hardon against EVs. Guessing that EV =Democrat, ergo, make their lives miserable so they leave the state, making NC redder.

What could the “other side” possibly be?

Please let me know what the “other side” is if it comes out. This is one historical event that seemed pretty clear as to whom the bad guys were.

That’ll screw with Jordan Peterson’s comparison of Elliot Page’s mastectomy to Nazi medical experimentation.

1 Like

"And maybe you listen to it from the perspective of a German solider and then you take all those things and you’re asked to write a paper on what happened,” she said

From the sponsor of the bill.

JFC

The German troop I knew was too ashamed of his service to talk about it. (Turned in by his stepfather for criticizing Hitler during dinner one night when he was 13 and had the choice between a forced labor camp where he’d likely die or be killed vs serving on a U-boat. He chose the U-boat, but did NOT believe in the cause at all. He once sat down with his oldest daughter and told her all about it, so that she could write it down and share with the rest of the family as he didn’t want to keep secrets but he never ever wanted to talk about it again. He was a 13 year-old child and had to live with that the rest of his life.)

2 Likes

If the German soldier referred to was a guard a camp, he (she) was a member of the SS. This was a unit where one had to apply for membership. Concentration camps were not guarded by regular conscripts. .

1 Like

What surprised me is this is an Ohio Republicans’ initiative. If it had been Texas or Florida Republicans sponsoring such a bill it would not have been surprising. Very disappointing if Ohioans support this.

Disturbing how one of the bill’s sponsors views opposition to his Holocaust comments:

“The Anti-Defamation League of Ohio condemned the Republican sponsor’s Holocaust comments, prompting the member painting the ADL and other justifiably concerned organizations as “left-wing special interests.”

Your perception of an Ohio Republican is John Kasich. The party has gone pure MAGA and is dominated by the likes of Josh Mandel and JD Vance,

4 Likes

Huh? No, he would have been doing the forced labor, not guarding the camp. Prison or military was the choice. Except much much worse than ordinary prison. You didn’t get into the SS when you were turned in for criticizing Hitler.

Thanks, even though that is sad to hear.

The post had nothing to do with your acquaintance. It referred to the generic German soldier the Ohio politician was referring to.

2 Likes

Yep. It is sad that Kasich didn’t win the 2016 GOP primary. I mean, ANY of the other candidates would have been an improvement (even Ted Cruz) but he was one of the better ones on the ballot.

1 Like

I’m just saying that a generic German soldier from WWII might not have as “opposite side” a view as the Ohio legislature critter imagines.

And I think Holocaust denial is a crime in Germany now, so certainly a present-day German soldier isn’t likely to offer up an account materially different from what’s in the history books, even if in his heart he believes something different.

We need a state legislature equivalent to “Congress critter”, BTW.

Legislature Leming???

It’s like he never matured much past a male freshman in high school mentality.

1 Like
4 Likes

The gift that keeps on giving.

1 Like

He’s the same guy that is in favor of banning all abortion with no exceptions including to save the life of the mother.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he has some level of CTE from his football time.

1 Like