Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

“Two shootings on July 4th, one in a rich, white neighborhood and another at a fireworks display,” she said, also referencing two police officers who were shot non-fatally in Philadelphia. “It almost sounds like it’s designed to persuade Republicans to go along with more gun control. We didn’t see that happen at all the Pride parades in June, but as soon as we hit MAGA month, the month that we’re all celebrating, loving our country, we have shootings on July 4th. I mean…”

No this isn’t Alex Jones, its a member of congress.

2 Likes

Of course it isnt alex jones. The person speaking acknowledges the shootings as having happened

2 Likes

While the QAnon crowd did see the guidestones as evidence of some sort of satanic cabal, it appears likely the quasi-eugenics language on the stones originated as part of white supremacist ideology. If you are interested, watch that John Oliver piece I mentioned above.

Honestly, the entire thing makes perfect sense to me. Accounting, addition, the dotted line.

Congresscritter Van Duyne taking credit for funding she voted against and tried to block

3 Likes

I guess I only know super smart accountants. The ones I know are better than that.

1 Like

Apparently it’s offensive to wear a swimsuit while on vacation on a private beach? I guess Nancy Pelosi’s boobs are more of an affront than mass shootings and pregnant child rape victims.

2 Likes

Tucker Carlson is sickening.

5 Likes

Good Lord, that’s not even an especially revealing swimsuit. Is she supposed to wear one of those burkinis?

I’m no fan of the SOTH but that’s an insane criticism.

1 Like

What Tucker Carlson wants Nancy Pelosi to wear swimming:

1 Like

You can already imagine the type of criticism if she had worn a burkini.

4 Likes

It’s important to understand that to some people, certain other people cannot win.

1 Like

That is an amazing and insightful quote. I think I’ve always had some vague notion of this but never put the thought together so succinctly. The closest I’ve ever come is that some people aren’t happy unless they are making someone else miserable but you really nailed it. Thank you! This made my day in a most unexpected way!

He can be profound when drunk

1 Like

That’s the headline. The actual text in the bill is … considerably more stupid than that.

Something about allocation of surplus comes to mind. Maybe the CAS can help explain this to someone. Or … maybe not.

1. Our textualist SCOTUS will have a field day with this, because I read that to say “you gotta put up gas and diesel pumps - and when you do, it’s free gas and diesel for everyone!”
  2. I’m sure this is going to be fully paid for by … I can’t even finish that statement with sarcasm.
  1. I wonder how many electric vehicle charging stations that’s really going to remove.
  2. I wonder what the solution is for all the other non-complying stations that will remain, for which there are no state-granted funds to remove them.

Thank you! A very neat read. It is too bad there are so many people in the world that just want to make things worse. I’ve found my life is significantly better when I help people rather than tear them down. YMMV.

1 Like

Since I guess he’s Republican now, let’s talk about Elon’s repeated tweets about fertility rates.

[replying to Nick Cannon] Congrats on your family! We must expand the scope & scale of consciousness for civilization to flourish & understand nature of Universe. Consciousness resides most strongly in humans, therefore we need more people!