Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

“I saw ‘The Last Duel’! I know that if the female doesn’t have a “little death” then there will be no pregnancy. Unless, of course, she enjoyed the rape. It was true 600 years ago, and it’s true now!”

The church is supposed to direct the government

A true constitutional scholar that one.

I’ll get my popcorn so I can watch the reality series that determines which church wins.

Sadly, the outcome is already known (no, it’s not fixed, like most reality shows): the one with the most guns will win.

I can’t figure out whether:

1. She’s this stupid (Occam’s Razor).
  2. She’s trolling leftists AND centrists. It was twitter, after all.
  3. She knows her constituents are this stupid and it will get her re-elected by saying this shit.

I think you hit the trifecta. It’s all 3 imo.

1. Right wing “personalities” can make lots of money.
1 Like

She learned that when passing her GED.

Republican congressman tweeted "What was the BEST thing about President Trump?

This was the response I liked best, but the link has many similar ones.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 9.17.17 AM

In his dissent, Thomas claims that COVID vaccines were developed with the use of “aborted children.”

Dissent against common sense?

There’s a tiny hint of truth to that claim, as is true with many modern advances in medicine. Some of the early research that lead to the RNA vaccines involved use of an old stem cell line. However, it’s mostly inflammatory BS. Staunchly prolife groups that have rejected other modern medicines as unethical due to the use of stem cells have proclaimed the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines ethical.

Examples: the strongly pro-life Lozier institute which is the research wing of Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America .Note they label the J&J and Astrazeneca versions as unethical:

Catholic Bishop Kevin Rhoades, who chairs the bishops’ committee on doctrine, and Archbishop Joseph Naumann, the head of the committee on pro-life activities, wrote to the bishops of the United States that the two RNA vaccine candidates appear to be ethically sound.
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/46701/what-connection-does-modernas-vaccine-have-to-aborted-fetal-tissue 

ETA: Ivermectin, HCQ, and Remdesivir were also tested on old stem cell lines, and it seems many of the “religious objectors” to these vaccines have been promoting or taking these medicines. If not, they’ve likely taken another that did:

And similarly from many other networks.

Pretty stupid to complain about Sesame Street not citing the scientific evidence when scientific evidence is readily available.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be an argument FOR abortion?

3 Likes

Cruz keeps finding new ways to go down in my estimation. Didn’t think it was possible for him to sink any lower but he manages to.

This could actually be an interesting and important trial, but it also definitely fits in this thread.

1 Like

A group of Texas “educators” proposes the school curriculum be updated to remove references to slavery and refer to involuntary relocation instead

That’s disgusting.

1 Like

Just like most of Texas’ recent laws, right?

3 Likes

Well you see, if there’s a fetus, we need to keep it alive, because we want to save unborn lives.

However if there’s a vaccine tangentially related to a fetus, we can’t take it because it would save functional lives.

1 Like