Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

AI: Having a car in Manhattan and $1000/mo utilities is also silly. He’s both clueless and innumerate.

It’s not whether its true. Its how many people believe.

To be fair, he did say NYC, not Manhattan.

Unlike Manhattan, having a car in Staten Island isn’t crazy. But the cost of living is lower in Staten Island too, which throws off his apartment number.

Bronx, Brooklyn & Queens are somewhere in the middle.

To be fair, he a dishonest Twitter Troll but why split hairs.

5 Likes

Although to be fair, I guess I’m not really sure what a decent 2-bedroom apartment in Staten Island costs.

Yeah, that too.

Where’s a Staten Island expert when you need one?

I got yer staten island expert riight heeere!

1 Like

Letterkenny To Be Fair GIF - Letterkenny To Be Fair Serious GIFs

8 Likes

I had to search this one because it made no sense. And after looking it up, it makes no sense.

The big question is how can I listen to it without it benefiting anyone involved?

1 Like

I found it on spotify, so i guess i boosted their royalty share for the week. Maybe i can run some liberal artists on repeat all day to offset that.

It’s not good. Just Trump’s voice mixed in with what could be any group of men singing the star spangled banner.

Is it true that it was the number 1 iTunes single?

(Does iTunes have anything besides singles?)

Thanks for listening so that I don’t have to.

1 Like

It does appear to be the #1 iTunes single, though it is not in the top 100 on Apple Music. I’m not sure what, if anything, that means.

1 Like

Apple got woke is what it means.

It made me look up how there could be such a huge difference. Basically, it sounds like #1 on iTunes doesn’t require much in sales. This article (pre-Trump hit, but during Kid Rock’s widely-reported hit) claims that sales in the thousands was sufficient to make the song #1.

No. 1 Songs on iTunes Often Have Low Sales, Little Impact’%20overall%20popularity.

I suppose there could also be the old fogie factor, as I’d assume they’re more likely to be buying than streaming.

Could also be “The #1 single… for this single minute in history.”
I mean, the olden days had at least a week of data before some song was Number 1.

2 Likes

A little late but I love how this person is comfortably affording a 2-bedroom apartment and saving $60k/year in retirement and still has leftover money for a NYC car, as well as about 3-4x my entertainment budget.

And I know grocery prices are up, but $1,000/month for 1 person? And a 2-bed without a partner or roommate? Gtfo, lol.

Not to mention the wildly inaccurate taxes as others said. Also, their taxable income is only $340,000, so add some more on in addition to the mentions of marginal tax.