Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

And we might be able to find out what happened to them subsequent to their protest vote.

I can’t say I’ve heard of any of the 4, but that’s true of most representatives.

I wonder if those were meant to be “Mickey Mouse” votes.

I’m slightly familiar with Conor Lamb since he’s from PA (but near Pittsburgh, and I’m near Philadelphia). Pretty good guy. He lost in the Senate primary this year to Fetterman. I voted for Fetterman, but I considered it close between them. After the stroke I was wishing Lamb had won, since I thought the stroke might tilt the election to Oz. Even before the stroke, I was wondering if Lamb would be the stronger candidate, even if not the better senator.

And one did in 2020.

Looking at who received votes, most look like they were expressions of respect, even though surely none of the voters expected the candidate to have any chance.

Respectful Mickey Mouse!

Oh, I hadn’t thought of that. You might be right. He would have to get a majority of Representatives to vote for the impeachment for it to count though.

And the democrats don’t have enough votes to guarantee that Biden couldn’t be impeached 3 times

spoilertext

It takes 2/3 of the senate to remove him on impeachment #1.

Even then, is there any precedent for whether someone already removed could be impeached again?

I think if they were already removed from office and prohibited from running again there would be no point to an additional impeachment. The former President could certainly be brought up on criminal charges though.

Trump would still be the only president impeached twice.

Yes, but I’m not sure that would matter at that point. Which is to say that what Trump wants to do and what he can do are two different things.

I don’t think he is aware of that yet.
cuz, he’s a baby.

2 Likes

DONALD TRUMP, the former president and the most likely GOP presidential nominee in 2024, today on Truth Social called for the suspension of the Constitution to overturn the 2020 election.

The latest in Playbook:

https://twitter.com/playbookdc/status/1599088960483074050?t=_LUXsnyiEg3glPyOyzflnA&s=19

Originalism at its finest.

1 Like

True

Some content, much snipped

There we go. Trump is a liberal after all. He doesn’t like the Constitution either.

2 Likes

Seems that it is pretty consistent with the Republican party leadership over the past 40+ years.
Only difference is that he said the quiet part out loud.

3 Likes

And, as expected, this will have no impact on Republican support of Trump.
It is a cult, where even the supposed “moderate Republicans” still fall in lockstep when needed:

.@GStephanopoulos: “You’d support a candidate who’s come out in support of suspending the Constitution?”

@RepDaveJoyce: He says a lot of things. Doesn’t mean it will ever happen. You have to extract fact from fantasy.

https://twitter.com/bensiegel/status/1599413001794203648?t=NC8oSOXAoAtvIg0C6p8BmQ&s=19

1 Like

As long as the Bill of Rights is kept in place, of course.

Erm, well, only some of it, I guess.

4 Likes

I imagine if someone of note had tweeted that the 2nd amendment should be suspended because our “founders” wouldn’t have wanted us slaughtering each other with assault weapons, the GOP would be a lot less silent.

5 Likes