Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

When presented with something ridiculous, my brain immediately goes to “what conditions would make this true”.

Sometimes it’s enlightening sometimes it’s just amusing.

When sales reps would come to me begging me to lower the premium to whatever amount the competitor was charging, I would do this. “What set of assumptions would make that a rational premium?”

Every once in a while I’d say “yeah, sure, that’s pretty close to our actual assumptions… go ahead”. But the other 98% of the time I’d go to the sales rep and say “to justify that premium I would have to assume that people in this group are 90% less likely to die than our normal mortality assumption. Do you have any reason to believe that’s actually the case?” Then he’d give me a sob story about how the HR rep is his college buddy and he really wants to help out his buddy. And I’d respond with “if you want to help your buddy, tell him to run - don’t walk - to our competitor and sign before the competitor realizes what a colossal mistake they made and rescinds the quote.”

I am not popular with sales reps. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Skim the cream, right there. Although you need cows for that.

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing us back on topic! :wink:

Yeah. Modern farming has taken much of the fun out of a bull’s life. The days of the bull and his harem disappeared along with the family farm in the past 60 years.

Huh, my family was buying semen at least as early as the 1980s. I don’t remember earlier than that.

I see what the story is supposed to say. but who the hell is screening his speeches that OK’d this?

R strategy in GA is now officially ‘I hope we win in PA’

1 Like

Would you want to put “Campaign Strategist for Herschel Walker” on your resume?

I have a hard time imagining he can stay on script.

It varied by farmer. My dad kept a bull until he retired from farming around 1980. However the big corporate farm next to ours dispensed with their own bull much earlier.

Never thought I would be discussing the artificial insemination of cattle on an actuarial discussion forum!

4 Likes

would rather put AIG Actuary

1 Like

“…used to herd Weinhards outside of Saragosa…”

Would rather put that I manually masturbate bulls for artificial insemination.

My reply is “I can’t chase stupid”

what type of cock and bull story is that?

2 Likes

Maybe we need a new thread like the one on the ao called something like “Sig lines, piping hot ready to go”

7 Likes

Oh dear :rofl:

1 Like

Might have been slightly funnier if the three bulls were steers instead.

2 Likes

:rofl:

“The only reason he stays where he is is because everybody’s afraid of him,” Ryan said. “They’re afraid of him going after them, hurting their own ambition. But as soon as you sort of get the herd mentality going, it’s unstoppable.”

Paul Ryan doesn’t seem to have a very high opinion of people in his party.

1 Like

No, but he is right.