Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

I think voting to impeach Trump - twice - constitutes “taking action”. He’s the first Senator in history to vote to impeach a President in his party.

But what purpose would denouncing Walker serve?

FFS no one said you can’t have an ICE vehicle. Do you even read the article?

2 Likes

Which has less capability than F-150 and certainly a lot less than F-250 or F-350.

Uh, nobody except the states of California and New York, you mean???

Actually this tangent started based on MTG’s criticism that Buttigieg wants to mandate EVs. And he does, indeed, want to mandate EVs.

So I’ll amend that to “nobody but the states of California and New York and the United States Secretary of Transportation”.

LOL nope. Not even close to what that legislation says or does.

Do you have any idea the average age of vehicles in Cuba?

I do. And I do not aspire to follow in their footsteps. YMMV

We know. And you think we should base our policies on accommodating the 2% of activities rather than look at what might be best overall.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean, I’m only on vacation for like 2-3 weeks a year.

I work 40-some weeks a year to enjoy the vacations.

If you took away all of my vacation and said “it’s ok, you can still work Monday - Friday just like you do the rest of the time”… I would bitch about that too.

Not everything should be equally weighted.

I enjoy road trips and boat trips a lot more than trips to the office and grocery store. YMMV.

F250 and up aren’t light duty and will have a later phase in, as I understand it.

I don’t know what is a reasonable cutoff. If we have to ensure that EVs can perform 100% of the tasks currently performed by ICE, with absolutely no added hassle, that’s a tough one.

1 Like

I’m in the market for a new car. In Kansas. The old bastard in me wants a Civic Type R, because I do like cars and I’ve got one more shot at rowing my own gears before EVs are just going to be amazing.

But I’m looking hard at the Polestar 2 and BMW i4. I could make them work, and Kansas EV infrastructure is pretty much what you’d expect.

1 Like

“Actually this tangent started based on” your claim that there are good republicans out there that will not agree with the republican party line that they do not care about Walker’s immorality and only care about winning the Senate.

The quote you provided by Romney proves that is what he cares about more than Walker’s dishonesty and despicable acts

Ok, if that’s the case then that’s good.

There’s still a lot of things that included vehicles can do that EVs can’t.

Yeah, I don’t think we should be forcing people to give up functionality. I’m all for encouraging eco-friendly choices and incenting further technological developments.

But forcing people to give up something they’ve come to rely on is bad policy IMO. And relying on people buying exclusively used vehicles to meet their needs isn’t a great solution. Especially since the fleet of possible vehicles will be constantly shrinking and aging.

It probably won’t be a big deal in year 1 when there are plenty of late-model used vehicles available. But over time those vehicles will be fewer and further between and much older and I certainly don’t want to turn the market for affordable ICE vehicles into one that looks like Cuba’s.

Lighting has payload capacity consistent with the most popular models of ICE F150.

I imagine that thwy will add more trims that have larger payloads, similar to the current lineup of ICE F150s.

So, anyone that ckaims that the lightning has lower payload than the ICE F-150 is either confused or dishonesty cherry picking information.

How do you propose to do this? The California law is designed specifically for this purpose if I understand it correctly. By the time we get to the point where the used fleet is aging we ought to have plenty of viable options. If not, they just push back the implementation date and kick the can down the road.

1 Like

I doubt we get that far. If EVs hit critical mass, gas stations will decline and it’ll be as inconvenient to drive an ICE car in 2035 as it was to have an EV in 2015.

It has less range. Especially if you’re towing something. That’s the last piece. One more round of better batteries, few more charging stations, and only people towing very heavy loads will struggle to have an EV.

But for most (percentage needed) people, the Lightning would likely be a workable option.

1 Like

Link about this?

Or you referring to the goal of the Biden administration goal of having “50% of all new car sales transition to all-electric transportation by 2030?”

Because if that is what you have been railing on about today, i once again ask if you are uninformed kr intentionally being dishonest?

Those are coming.
Even in Kansas.

Joplin, MO has a Tesla Supercharging station. There are lots on I70, I just need one on hwy 69.

1 Like