Republicans Say the Darndest Things!

Huh, I’m not sure I’ve ever watched MTG before. I have to hand it to her, she does a really knock out job of shouting conservative brain fuckery.

4 Likes

Almost as if the new strategy is: “Lie as much as you want. Keeps the fact-check people busy, and the base is too stupid to care.”

That’s been a winning strategy for years now. I’m a bit surprised that MTG isn’t farther along given her skills. I wonder if she’ll be president some day. Or at least a Fox News megamillionaire.

3 Likes

Straight up racism. His defense:

[I am] opposed to racists, race baiters, and victim politics. What I find strange is the agenda to demoralize and reduce the white portion of our population,” the statement continued. That’s not inclusive and Christ is inclusive!”

1 Like

33 posts were split to a new topic: Burial Alternativesf?

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 12.58.53 PM

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 12.59.03 PM

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 12.59.48 PM

1 Like

Going back to the “blatantly racist” lawmaker’s social media post, it’s worse than I thought.

Image of tweet

1 Like

It’s not a cult, though. It’s just a collection of people who lack the skill to do anything themselves and thus turn over all control of their thoughts and actions to someone else, and then collectively carry out that person’s wishes whatever they happen to be at any given moment.

1 Like

Trump being Trump.

2 Likes

In addition to disrespecting a military family again, he is also ignoring the fact that Melania hasn’t been seen with him for ages, and instead he has been taking his attorney as his plus one to a variety of social events.

6 Likes

Canada had better brace for a Russian invasion.

I wonder what Trump’s attorneys think about not defending if delinquent comment.

Maybe I’m becoming MAGA, but I don’t think it’s that unreasonable to say there are some minimum strings that come attached to the whole idea that if Russia were to attack a NATO member the US has to feel it was an attack on their own soil. Ukraine has so much support because they’re fighting tooth and nail to defend their democracy. If Poland couldn’t be bothered to defend themselves why should I grab a rifle to do it for them?

1 Like

I think you are starting a whole different discussion

tRump feels the minimum string is the country is not paying as much as he feels they should be paying for the protection.

4 Likes

The NATO thing is Trump normalizing something very real wrt Russia and Putin as he pushes for his own autocratic agenda. Time and time again has he coupled a justifiable position (asking for real commitments from NATO) with his real goal (alignment with Putin). He repeatedly says the quiet part loud to affect change, and has been extremely successful with this as the traditional media simply cannot keep up to hold him accountable and/or is constantly losing the narrative to social media.

We should all be paying a lot closer attention to this stuff.

4 Likes

Trump, NATO, and the Constitution.

1 Like

Trump said “one of the presidents of a big country” at one point asked him whether the US would still defend the country if they were invaded by Russia even if they “don’t pay.” “No, I would not protect you,” Trump recalled telling that president. “In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”

This is a problem. Chris Christie said in his Presidential run that other NATO members need to pay more. That is not concerning. Perhaps he’s right, perhaps he’s not, but he’s not clearly in the wrong.

Trump encouraging Russia to attack NATO is well beyond the pale. He’s once again distancing America from NATO even as a civilian, and he has wanted to leave NATO for a while according to John Bolton and many others. Our Senate just passed a bill requiring Senate approval for Trump to pull us out of NATO, but NATO officials warn that Trump can do a lot to undermine NATO from within if he’s not allowed to leave it.

Trump is once again clearing the way for Putin, as he consistently did during his Presidency.

I’ve seen it argued over and over that “Yeah Putin liberated part of Ukraine, but they wanted it because they’re ethnically Russian (lol okay) and Putin would never attack NATO because he’s afraid of Trump”, meanwhile Trump is all but paving a highway from Ukraine to NATO.

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4459201-nato-allies-fear-repercussions-trump-reelection/

5 Likes

Maybe Trump might let Putin annex Brighton Beach due to the percentage of Russians there.

3 Likes

Trump would invade first. There’s too much oil and gas in Alberta to just let his buddy Putin take it.

Actually I view Trump as potentially a greater threat to Canada’s sovereignty than Putin. We have a lot of natural resources but a much smaller military than the US.