Redactle

39, 35.9%

I kind of cheated. I had put in Earth and Earths. I thought it must have been some other word so I googled the article. I didn’t know that apostrophes are redacted.

25 - 40%

and yes the program is acting weird

I don’t know why sometimes it shows the ’ and sometimes it doesn’t

I solved today’s Redactle (#299) in 54 guesses with an accuracy of 35.19%.

Global Stats

• Globally, 255 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 85.00 Guesses; 34.67% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 98.09 Guesses; 38.61% Accuracy

100 - 34%

I got a little help from this thread. I had core and I guessed Earth and Earths which only had 1 hit each, which stumped me. Redactle Unlimited gives you the apostrophe and treats the s as a separate word. That’s a much better way to do it, IMO

So… I think I have solved the Redactle… I have a side-by-side comparison of the Wikipedia entry and the Redactle and they seem to match verbatim.

But Redactle won’t accept the first word. So I can’t officially solve it.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Spoiler:

I think it’s “Earth’s outer core”… and I got two hits with “earth’s”. But not in the title or several other places the word occurs. I almost never try words with apostrophes because it seems like the game screws them up.

Is there some secret way to type it that I’m not aware of???

Oh, I forgot that this puzzle started yesterday and I see it’s already been discussed. It’s saying that I don’t have the first word even though I guessed it. It put it in two places but not a bunch of others including the title of the article.

the whole game was messed up, filled in the title, but never completed

quote[ I got two hits with “earth’s”] - I got 51

1 Like

Mine didn’t fill in the title.

They should fix this.

or we just start over in an hour and a half

Yeah, but it’s annoying in general when you can’t guess apostrophe words correctly.

I could, you can’t

At the risk of sounding dumb… are you doing anything special to get it to take the words with apostrophes?

no. In all honesty, I think this was just a messed up game.
Title filled in, but the rest of the game didn;t

Summary

1 Like

When you typed in the problem word you got 51 hits and when I typed in the problem word I got 2 hits.

That’s super weird.

I discovered that by putting a space before the apostrophe it made the apostrophe backwards. That was accepted as a distinct word… with 0 hits.

It seems odd to me that “The” is never before “Earth’s”

Maybe it’s an anti-Russian thing. Russians like the word “the”, right?

BTW, here’s what my puzzle looks like:

Weird, when I guessed ‘earth’s’ it gave it to me in the title (but said it still wasn’t solved). Have you guessed ‘s’ yet?

59, 81%

Cheated. I knew I was looking for the name for early tech in color film for movies but all I could think of was Panavision. Duh, I’ve heard of Technicolor but couldn’t think of it. I spent about 20 guesses on filler words thinking with a little bit more context it might dawn on me, and then gave up.