Redactle

OK, I guess I was almost there.

108	42.59%

I forgot to do this yesterday, but today’s seemed pretty easy in comparison to Wednesday’s (that took me 133 guesses).

I solved today’s Redactle (#23) in 25 guesses with an accuracy of 96.00%.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s great!

I decided to see if it was easy to cheat through a search. I was surprised that I got enough words to find it really fast:

17 35.29%

The words that I got would have sent me down the wrong path and I’m guessing I’d have taken quite a while to get back on the right path. In particular, I saw “around” and thought the thing was likely some sort of wrapper around something else, it not really dawning on me that I’d assumed the wrong idea of around.

I got there via numbers. There was basically nothing else that could go in all of the blankdotblank spaces, so I did those, the only number that wasn’t there from 1-10 was 7, and then I recognized a string of them as the numbers on the heads of bolts, so I used bolt, and then nut, and finally got to screw.

1 Like

290 60%. I was all around it, then realized I guessed 50 words after knowing it, but forgot to guess the singular form

I went in a totally wrong direction, and it is kinda silly how I got to the answer.

Summary

I thought it was about math

I solved today’s Redactle (#23) in 140 guesses with an accuracy of 36.43%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

As of right now, the global stats are this:

• Globally, 2993 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 105.00 Guesses; 49.37% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 135.72 Guesses; 51.27% Accuracy

I’m going to assume that generally the global stats tend to degrade over the 24-hr period…and of course, they’re not including those who just give up, I assume

I solved today’s Redactle (#24) in 93 guesses with an accuracy of 50.54%. Played at https://www.redactle.com/

• Globally, 1936 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 92.00 Guesses; 46.82% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 116.98 Guesses; 48.14% Accuracy

218 50% hit rate. I was no where near it. I got lucky

I play a lot of common words in hope of building sentences, but I don’t believe that is working for me

Yeah, I’m not sure of the optimal strategy with this game. I’ve played 3x and used an embarrassingly high number of guesses each time. First time was because it was pluralizing each guess including some that were ridiculous to pluralize. But by turning the setting ON it stops doing that, so it only happened a few times on the second & third tries (if I navigate away and come back the setting resets) and it was still a ton of guesses.

I might not stick with this one. It’s also a lot of time. I think the time/fun ratio isn’t where I need it to be.

It’s an interesting game though. I’ll give it that.

Yeah, I was already thinking I might quit on this one. It’s been frustrating to start on most. I did what I suppose was ok today:

89 35.96%

I got medicine at 68 but it didn’t have many hits, but I followed up with health and that had a lot more hits and let me know I was on the right track. I probably should have gotten it a little faster when care turned up even more hits after that.

So just checking my guess about the direction stats go

• Globally, 10518 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 104.00 Guesses; 45.53% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 135.29 Guesses; 47.75% Accuracy

Hmmm, kinda

But it may also indicate survivor bias, as people who go past 300 guesses, say, just give up (or cheat)

my best yet. 55 - 67% - I had to look up the final answer, I new specifically what it was, just not what it was called

25 53 45.28%

Not bad today. I first hit on college and university, which had a bunch of hits but didn’t really help much. I got Africa at 25 and that appeared in the first paragraph and really got me more focused. Then I found it was clearly west. I was still wandering a bit until I hit on largest and that made the rest easy.

I got one hit on sport and knew if was a place

Does anyone else count letters in a word?

I abandoned using common words to fill in

I don’t feel it is cheating to look up the final word, if unknown knowledge.

Everyone knows Meryl Streep, but one day it will be a politician or country singer I never heard of. Today’s I heard of, just would never have thought of it

Oh! Does it tell you how long a word is? I’ve used the visually short vs long to try to guess a word, but didn’t realize there was a letter count there.

I only try to fill in if I think it will help or to verify. That’s typically been when it looks like there’s a school, journal, book, movie or things like that.

And, yeah, I agree about the final word. I was just thinking about that when I read today’s article and learned that Lagos is no longer the capital of Nigeria. Some other city I know I’ve literally never heard of is and there’s no way I could ever have gotten that. I think “largest city in Africa” is solving it.

If I shade in the block, I can see lines, that you can use count letters.

I solved today’s Redactle (#25) in 97 guesses with an accuracy of 52.58%.

Global Stats
Globally, 8210 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
Global Median: 67.00 Guesses; 58.38% Accuracy
Global Average: 93.06 Guesses; 59.11% Accuracy

(as of right now)

and I don’t count the number of letters, but I approximate

Not always, but if figuring out a specific Country or even continent I will.

stat update:

• Globally, 12977 players have solved today’s Redactle so far
  • Global Median: 70.00 Guesses; 58.02% Accuracy
  • Global Average: 99.61 Guesses; 59.00% Accuracy

55 - 60% fine tuning my technique