Random Thoughts

Did not know that a web browser came from Albania.

2 Likes

That sounds risky.

IFYP, Numbers Guy.

[edmcmahon]AO!!![/PCH]

I think it would be hilarious if I ever end up as a regulator

1 Like

On the old AO, there was this poster who was going for the alphabet soup behind his name, in additional to the familial soup already present.

This poster ended up as a regulator in a small-ish, remote-ish US state. And I got to do some direct interactions with said posters.

Interesting times.

Yes, I remember that person

I gave blood today. My local red cross is still doing antibody testing, so I am eager to see how the vaccine took.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

ā€œThatā€™s whatā€ - She

2 Likes

Here in Kentucky and Southern Indiana there is a common saying for small children when giving them something that they are displeased with. We say ā€œYou get what you get and you donā€™t throw a fitā€. I was told this when I was young and I have said it to my children. I was watching a show set in the Northeast last week and they said ā€œYou get what you get and you donā€™t get upsetā€. My first thought was oh they substituted another word in for fit. My 2nd thought was that actually upset rhymes if you pronounce get correctly, but in KY get is pronounced git so we say fit LOL!

5 Likes

Iā€™m familiar with ā€œYou get what you get and you donā€™t get upsetā€ from growing up, Iā€™d always assumed it was a British thing. This is my first time hearing ā€œā€¦and you donā€™t throw a fitā€

1 Like

growing up we had no rhymes. it was more ā€œdonā€™t be a spolied brat.ā€ niceness was something i learned when i moved to the midwest. my kids have learned ā€œā€¦donā€™t have a fit.ā€ I refer to it often. (kids are now 15 and 22 - it still comes up.)

For my kids, it was more along the lines of, ā€œOh, so you donā€™t appreciate what you did get? Ok, weā€™ll take that away.ā€

Took them only one time to get the message.

In a twist of irony . . . Iā€™m now having to learn to like what I Git.

1 Like

I say get, not git, but the end is still ā€¦ and you donā€™t throw a fit. I think I picked the saying up in Texas though, so itā€™s possible Iā€™m just mispronouncing git :laughing:

1 Like

I bought some frozen ā€œSouthwest Black Bean Burgersā€. I just noticed they were made in Canada. Would that make these Vancouver burgers?

The Apple store at our local mall had two security guards posted out front Iā€™ve never seen that before it makes me wonder were they losing a lot of product out the door or what it was plenty busy

I recently saw security guards at two separate Apple stores in CO.

I just wanted yā€™all to know (and particularly @NerdAlert) that I just purchased tickets to the latest concert tour of theā€¦

Twentyā€¦
Oneā€¦

ā€¦wait for itā€¦