Random Thoughts

Also, it is about the least healthy thing you can eat. I had to go ride the bike for an hour after I was done eating.

embargo lifted

the only thing that stops me from ordering it is the waffles - almost never need those. fried chicken is awesome. the waffle is not needed

so much depends on the syrup, i want something more than just maple or honey, but with sirracha, or a honey mustard, something with a little kick

Studies have shown that starting a sentence with “Studies have shown” will raise my blood pressure.

Eh, as long as it’s real maple syrup and not maple-flavored high fructose corn syrup then it’s fine.

huge difference between these 2

2 Likes

Yep. It should be illegal to call the latter “maple syrup”. I think they do have to call it “imitation maple syrup” but they put the “imitation” in tiny font so you don’t notice it.

1 Like

So I never had real maple syrup until I got to college. And had a friend from Rhode Island, his family made their own every year using the wood or coal fired stove in their old house.

Anyway, this comes up and we immediately go out and buy some real maple syrup. My whole life was a lie up to that point.

1 Like

When we lived in Vermont, Hip_tiger_wife helped make some maple syrup. Delicious!!! (Yep, she sat in the cold helping maple sap into the boilerpots.)

1 Like

I wish real maple syrup had the viscosity of the fake stuff.

2 Likes

for waffles, not chicken and…

Either way

Diner we’re at has vintage The Price Is Right on one of the TVs … when “A New Car!” meant a Pontiac LeMans :laughing:

3 Likes

You spending some of that sweet, sweet per diem??? :+1:

1 Like

You betcha :plate_with_cutlery::yum:

1 Like

I wish I had angst in my life to the point that when I moved a TV and it didn’t work in the new spot, the entire night was ruined.

I also wish I had angst in my life to the point that when one extra person was going to show up, the entire night was ruined.

I live on Ang St.

It’s right next to Confli Ct.

3 Likes

Our older son likes to wear skirts. My mom took our kids on a trip this weekend and posted some photos of them, including some of him wearing skirts. I’m surprised she did; I didn’t think she’d want her fundie friends to know she has a gender fluid grandchild.

1 Like

Maple syrup is actually defined by the viscosity or specific gravity or some such. Any less viscous and it’s not maple syrup. Much more and it starts to crystalize.

Ive made enough that I actually own a hygrometer or whatever they’re called. If it floats to a certain level in the syrup, it’s done. if not, call for more beers.

1 Like