Random Thoughts

Regular vs italicized: * *

Not sure about bold.

Bold is ** before and after.

Or just click the “B” in the tool bar of the message box.

I am weirded out hearing my voice played back, I don’t think I sound anything like that.

We were starting the process of cleaning out my grandparents house a couple weeks back, and I could have sworn I heard my aunt down the hall (even though she wasn’t in town), but nope, it was my cousin. My cousin was not happy with the comparison. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Baseline and Vaseline are spelled nearly the same, but pronounced entirely different. Noticed this when writing baseline multiple times within an email. My brain is weird.

Well, I used to read everyone’s post until I realize that I have already read them.

Reading through them is tough, though.

I kind of feel the same way about limestone and minestrone.

Well… I managed to find this place after a month of being adrift. Hopefully this one won’t self-destruct. What happened anyway?

1 Like

Also… where’s a tutorial for how to use this site? I’m sure it’s obvious to other people, but I can’t figure out how to quote people.

Welcome.

The condensed timeline of what happened is:

1. DWS laid off Tom (the webmaster).
  2. The website got pointed at an ad serving landing page effectively turning off the forum.
  3. The original folks from the AO turned on this forum.
  4. DWS indicated that they’re working on a new site, timeline to launch…undetermined. The new site will be more in line with their brand.

DWS hasn’t provided much info beyond that.

Check your email from discobot, it should’ve sent you details.

To quote, highlight the text. A ‘quote’ will appear above the text you’ve highlighted. Click it and done.

Hah! I hadn’t even thought to do that, thanks!

It’s also unclear why the backdoor to the AO still exists. It’s possible that, without Tom, DWS doesn’t have anyone that knows what they are doing.

More importantly, how did you get involved?

I’m in point number 3.

Really. Don’t remember you at all. But you’re still taking exams?

1 Like

More like ‘restarted exams again’ as a hobby. Your phrasing makes me seem more like a failure :). But yes, still taking exams, with a long long break in the middle. We’ll see how it goes, I just started studying.

15 years after selling my Twin Cities starter home at the peak of the housing market, it has sold again for 5% less. I feel sad for those people, as I did quite well on the transaction. :worried:

We bought a house for 482. Couldnt sell the house we were in at the time, so rented it and moved.

Three years later my SO wanted to move back. Sold the new house for 810 and just moved back to the original house.

Dotdotdot profit.

I just got a call from Denmark on my cell phone. I don’t think I’ve ever received a call internationally - apart from maybe Canada, certainly not from my cell phone. I didn’t answer it, as I also don’t know anyone personally from there.

Could be a prince