Random Thoughts

Uh no. You get something when you mix white and dark chocolate, but it ain’t milk chocolate.

1 Like

Positive affirmation from googily maps after nearly every difficult weekday morning drive: You made it work!

1 Like

Can we at least agree that whatever it is, it’s better than No Chocolate?

Eh, no. My rule on food is pretty simple. It has to be at least nutritious OR delicious (ideally both) or I won’t eat it. I’m not sure that dark & white chocolate mixed together clears that threshold.

Here are some benefits of theobromine friom chocolate:
Theobromine Benefits

• Healthy Heart. Research suggests theobromine may helpprotect the heart in several ways. …
  • Increased Energy. …
  • Improved Cognitive Function (at least temporarily) …
  • Healthy Teeth. …
  • Good Mood. …
  • Cough Suppressant. …
  • Healthy Respiratory System. …
  • Reduced Inflammation.

And I assure you that it that it is delicious.

Both hurdles cleared like an olympic runner jumping over well, twigs.

2 Likes

Eh, it’s not health food. I’ll hold out and get the nutritional benefits from milk chocolate, thanks.

Oh, and I’m sure that list is for real chocolate, not white chocolate. So it would only apply to the dark chocolate portion of the dark/white blend.

The official ranking of chocolates from best to worst is:

1. Milk Chocolate
  2. White Chocolate
  3. No Chocolate
  4. Dark Chocolate
1 Like

Your wrong. It’s

1. Dark chocolate
  2. (there is no 2.)

Can we at least agree that American Nutella is trash?

Is Nutella better if it comes from France, or Nigeria, or Uzbekistan?

I didn’t know there was a difference but I know the last time I had it, it didn’t seem as yummy as the first time. I thought it was just me.

I don’t care for Nutella. I presume I’ve only ever had the American version.

When I was a kid, Nutella always tasted spicy to me, burned my throat. Didn’t taste good, either. Turns out, I just had a nut allergy.

1 Like

When I read that I immediately wondered if you were allergic.

I’m a real Sherlock Holmes, I tell ya’

2 Likes

It was alimentary my dear Watson

2 Likes

I’m getting ‘friend suggestions’ on facebook. 20year old women, glammed up making ducky faces. I don’t need this crap in my inbox or on my screen. I don’t have any friends on facebook.

I realized this morning, I have ONE friend on facebook. My marketing person, who, sure enough is a 20 something woman with a ducky face in her facebook profile. We set her up as a friend so she could access our ad account. Facebook is sending me all her friends as recommendations.

Which I guess is fair enough - with one exception. It seems like a bit of a privacy invasion loophole, facebook sending me pics and names of people I would never know - but now I know likely live in my area and are connected to someone else I know. You think those women want their profile pics being sent to me? I expect most of them would find it absolutely creepy.

I actually just had this conversation with my marketing person. I suggested that my asking her to friend me on FB was inappropriate, and we won’t do it again.
Unfortunately, I don’t know any way around it - nor does she. You need a personal account to set up a business account on facebook (like, why), and you can’t have to personal accounts. She tried to set up a second account, and it got banned.
She’s OK with it, but she shouldn’t have to be, and I shouldn’t have had to ask.

1 Like

For children maybe. Not for grown ups

I doubt they care. Showing up as a friend suggestion is part of being on Facebook. They are going to be a friend suggestion to lots of people. Also, their picture is public.

No she didn’t care, because she knows me well enough. She agreed it was a privacy invasion though, if inadvertent on my part. And she also agreed when I pointed out that her friends wouldn’t like the idea of them showing up in my feed (because they don’t know me, I’m just a 50 something old man on facebook).
She might care if she thought I was some kind of creep.
Note that it’s the same setup in large ad agencies where the dynamics are a lot different than what we have here. 20 somethings providing their friend’s info to their supervisor, via facebook. So it’s not a concern in this specific instance, but in general, very much so IMO.
I might need to bring on a coop student sometime in 2022. We’ll have to figure something out before then. PRobably just give them my facebook login information and have them log in as me to run the ads.

I meant this part. I doubt her friends would care about this. Plenty of strangers show up on my feed. Its the nature of Facebook. Facebook also has a lot of older people. It’s expected.

It’s only creepy if you send her friends a friend request