Random Thoughts

Sure, but I’d be able to complete an infinite amount of pull ups …

It’s gonna take you a while using the harmonic series like that…

How long do you reckon?

When I’m done I’ll finally be in [a] shape…like this one…

1 Like

Convenient Emilia Clarke article today:

I had to swing by the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. I was thinking my basket of items had to be among the odder assortments of items: heavy cream, crackers, deodorant, and 4 bottles of wine.

:popcorn:

I love it when I buy weird stuff like that. Motor oil and saffron or furnace filters and vanilla beans or toothpaste and a lego set or what have you.

Not that interesting. Dad was out of town on fathers day so I’m hosting a family dinner Saturday. I forgot to buy heavy cream earlier, a necessary ingredient for what I’m making. I was only planning to buy 2 bottles of wine, but they had some good deals so I got extra for later. The others were just a couple of necessities from the shopping list.

There was a comic on TV back in the 80s or 90s who had a joke about buying a box of condoms & a six pack of gatorade.

Me rebuilding a website for a friend (I’m buried in moving 200 pages, updating content, sculpting SEO/search engine ranking stuff/technical stuff): "Wut, I’m digging into the pages, and I found an entire second website on a subdomain!. Holy cow, who knew?’.
My friend: Oh yeah, I own that website.
Me after stunned silence: Any other little secrets you wanna drop on me? Geez.

I’m taking 3 random uwaterloo students fishing tomorrow morning on bass opener.
Given that this involves casting, can an actuary calculate the probability that I’ll get a hook in the back of my head?
Assume that the last time I took students fishing one of them went wild over a monster fish they caught until they realized they were on the anchor line.

2 Likes

I do not get people who say “hearing about ______ pisses me off” and then go out of their way to make sure they hear about the thing that they say pisses them off, and then complain that they have to hear it.

No, you don’t have to hear it. You’re choosing to hear about it, because you apparently have some need to be pissed off about something.

Wear a football helmet!! :+1:

And make 'em clean, scale, gut and filet the anchor!!!

Lol, i wish id have had that line handy at the time.

Buddy that caught the line is from tunisia. Never seen anything like this before, and hes dialled to 11 on enjoying canada.
I took him ice fishing and he asked if he could do a polar dip. Sure,lol. Then he gets in the truck, and im like, whats the bag for? Brought a change of clothed for the polar dip! Then we went winter camping and there was a river, same thing. I had to talk him down, he doesnt get that a small river after a melt can and will kill you if you go in it.
So yesterday i told him that later this summer id take him and a few others out to the middle of a lake and we will go swimming. BUt in august, not january.

Orange Otter Pops taste better than I remember.

Also, apparently parents are obliged to eat the less favorable flavors.

Slow day today

My neighbors got divorced and are moving. Final move-out happened just around the first of the month (Pride Month!)

They were terrible people. Nosey gossips, kept Trump 2020 signs up until 2022, once they actually dug up a flowering bush from our yard and planted a new one. I told them not to touch our property after that, but wasn’t worth filing charges or anything. They just sucked.

Before they could do showings I immediately got a rainbow flagpole and a big LGBTQ pride flag (6x8’ I think) to put out in the front yard. Wanted to signal who potential future neighbors would be next to.

Have seen a number of people come through, most that I’ve noticed looked in their 50s-60s. So far the house has been on the market for a month and they’ve lowered their asking price by $31k. I sadistically hope we had a small impact on that.

(Oh yeah, and they dug up the bush they planted on our property when they left.)

1 Like

or several candy bars . . .
:grimacing:

That could backfire when someone with a “missionary mindset” gets that bug in their ear . . .

1 Like