Random Thoughts

I have a love hate relationship with latex. Love the results, hate the process.

My daughter is allergic to latex.

Latex allergy is something that can develop. People subject to certain types of frequent medical procedures have to be careful to limit exposure to avoid the possibility.

Funny juxtaposition of the previous posts. I agree with SL about latex, and I’m glad I’m not allergic to the other latex.

Most medical stuff is latex-free now.

What could possibly go wrong?

Saw another post say something about being an ER doctor and this being waist height.

I’ll never understand how some people don’t understand some things.

2 Likes

Let me tell you something, Actuary of the Future: in the future, this actuary won’t be getting up that early.

When managing, sometimes people just want to be told what to do, or the steps. I dunno why. People perfectly capable of doing it themselves, 100 percent but just
won’t.
Solution is to either say ‘just do this’ or 'ok, step one. Do that, right? Ok, next step, step 2. You know how to do that, right?'etc.

Used to slow me down and I perceived it as an interuption until I recognized it as part of managing.

I also recognized it as how my one tutor used to have to deal with me and learning life contingencies. ‘ok, step one, you know how to do that, right?’ lol.

2 Likes

My new exercise routine:
Do 1 pull-up, followed by 1/2 of a pull-up, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 

It gets easier with each step

My ham & beans concoction on top of corn bread was actually pretty good
which tells me that it wasn’t as healthy as I was hoping for.

1 Like

that’s okay

I’ll get the worm

1 Like

Has anyone noticed that actress Emelia Clarke has basically disappeared?

I’m not sure that I could have noticed that.

Who is she?

Of the hundreds of characters on Game of Thrones she played one of the 4 most important, central, impactful characters. She was Dany (formally Danerys Targaryan with a list of titles that would be 2 paragraphs long so I won’t detail them here.) and she was the one with the dragons.

She also played Qira in the Star Wars Han Solo movie. Qira is actually an important characters that evolves through other Star Wars stuff, but Solo was first ever disappointment from the Star Wars franchise, so it is unclear if anything will evolve from that.

She’s a pretty woman in her early to mid 30’s, so logic would say if she were going to parlay her GoT fame into leading lady roles, they would have materialized by now.

WELL, there may be a 2-year pandemic reason she didn’t have any projects in the can, but here’s some upcoming stuff:

McCarthy (pre-production)
Jean Kerr

2023 The Pod Generation (filming)
Rachel

2022 Secret Invasion (TV Mini Series) (post-production)

Show all 6 episodes

2022 The Amazing Maurice (completed)
Malicia (voice)

looking at her imdb listing, it seems decent to me

For someone knocking on the door of the A-List department, the last few years have been an acting desert for her, with mostly voice roles. At her age and fame garnered with GoT should have put her into more romantic and/or action type leads.

It seems she went quickly from ingĂ©nue to has-been. It seems that without the wigs, the dragons, and frequent scenes with, let’s just say, minimal wardrobe requirements, she is not getting premier level roles.

My guess is she doesn’t want them. Attention for one after all she got from GoT. Health another after multiple scares of aneurysms. Covid vaccines may not have been a thing she could do as a result, and may have taken voice roles to stay away from people/covid. I have nothing to back this up, total guess.

I believe that she also has been doing some live theater projects lately. Some actors prefer the stage to the screen.

Ummm . . . you might want to check that.

If “up-down” is one pull up, then starting with 1/3, you’re fighting gravity for quite some time . . .