Random Thoughts

this week I learned that raccoons …can be gingers! neighbor has one in the big tree in the yard. it is reddish. No typical black/gray. Just reddish all over.

Did it escape from a nearby zoo?

If “Oliver James Associates” and “DW Simpson” merged they could rebrand as “OJ Simpson.”

5 Likes

I found their logo:

3 Likes

I wonder what this lighthouse blend coffee is. If it will take me back to my time spent in Michigan along the Great Lakes…

I half-expect the second response from Ms. Carpenter to start, “Oh, and another thing…!!!”

I think she has more letters after her name than me!

I better go buy some more designations.

Yeah, one should sit and think on it before sending one’s remarks to the Academy on this.

I’ve sent two responses before, to a similar kind of process, but it was because something substantive (and a few months) were between the two responses. The org (GASB) was kind enough to combine my remarks into one file.

Marky mark owns a bunch of car dealerships in Columbus now. Just saw this ad on my phone, still feels unnatural.

2 Likes

I haven’t viewed a microfiche slide in quite a while.

Missed marketing slogan opportunity, imo.

1 Like

And I see that he’s got some endorsement deal with Hy-Vee grocery stores . . . and a restaurant chain called “Wahlburgers”

1 Like

Do you get motion sickness going through the microfiche? I remember nausea causing me to need to take breaks. Worse than car sickness.

I haven’t looked at microfiche in over a decade.

I don’t recall that ever happening to me, but I can definitely understand how it could happen. It’s quite possible that I had very mild symptoms, but, as I said, “I haven’t viewed a microfiche slide in quite a while.” I don’t really remember.

1 Like

Going to Europe in September. I’ve got some leftover coins from previous trips.
England has 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, 100p, and 200p coins. Think euros might be the same.
That seems like overkill. I want to spend them but it’s a hassle trying to sort out which is which.
Even our system: 1c, 5c, 10c, 25c (50c and 100c get little use) is overkill.
Why not just do powers of 5: pennies, nickels, and quarters - dimes seem redundant. Of course getting rid of the pennies too would be great - round all transactions to the nearest quarter (nickel) like in Canada (or at least a grocery store I went to there)

Clarification, they round to the nearest nickel. And only if you’re paying cash - if you’re paying electronically they don’t round it’s still to the penny.

1 Like

Yeah I meant nickel. I keep my change in the car and give away the pennies they are a nuisance

Every once in awhile, I get rid of unwanted loose change by tossing it into the machine at the self-checkout, then pay the rest with my card.

2 Likes

I’ve never considered that. Brilliant!

Ever since WF got rid of their coin counting machines the spare change has been piling up. Of course, I haven’t even been to an atm in over a year, so I really don’t deal with much cash at all anymore.

Yeah, really hasn’t been an issue since the pandemic.