Random Thoughts

I like seeing resurrection fern in coastal GA. You see a lot of apparently dead material covering the trunks of live oaks. A rain shower comes through, and the trunks burst in greenery. Before/after

1 Like

I finally just got that. :woozy_face: RN

There are a lot of Canadian Consulates General in the United States.

YOU’RE a Canadian Consulate General.

2 Likes

I feel like a good healthy cry. It’s been a while.

2 Likes

Cut some shallots. Damn those little b****es burn. (Made some incredible couscous with them the other day.)

Strangely, I don’t get tears in my eyes when cutting onions, shallots, or any other typically water-inducing vegetables. Not sure where that urban legend came from, it’s just never applied to me. Or my family, I don’t think.

Definitive proof that you are a family of replicants.

1 Like

my HS kid has entered a new reply into our family jargon based on ads we have seen.

someone shared a story about something, and she replied “Shingles doesn’t care!”

now we find ourselves saying that to each other

4 Likes

I have a pointless touchbase tomorrow (well, today, now) with my boss’s boss’s boss, who is the CFO of the company, and on the off chance it actually happens and isn’t canceled, I don’t know that my heart will be in it.

I have a lot weighing on me and work isn’t exactly lightening that load, and I’m not in the mood to fake it. The whole point of the meeting is idiotic - they mistakenly thing I’m someone they want to keep an eye on. I hope I don’t give them a completely different reason to keep an eye on me.

Fingers crossed I still have a job after tomorrow.

3 Likes

You should bring a quilt as a gift. I hear they love that sort of thing.

2 Likes

Fruit basket to get the job.

Quilt to keep it.

Gotchya.

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Like filming OnlyFans content at work? “Actuaries Gone Tail Event!”

1 Like

SUBSCRIBED

I’m not sure how I should take this message from LinkedIn - do they know something about the future of actuaries that I don’t? (Or maybe it’s just my future… :tfh:)

2 Likes

Momma’s gotta lose some weight. I dropped my toothpaste in the shower (yeah, it’s all pipes) and bent down to pick it up, facing away from the faucet. The toothpaste scooted closer to the drain, so I backed it up. And my too-big behind absorbed the faucet handle and cranked the water up to scalding. And I had no idea it had even happened, too much surface area to keep track of it all, apparently.

2 Likes

Shower beer, shower toothpaste, what’s next? Shower toast? Shower quilting? Lotta options.

4 Likes

That guy in the Truman Show who pretty much lives in his bath tub figured out how to live my best life.

1 Like
4 Likes

bought chips with chipotle last night. i realized i want every single chip to be the one where all the salt seemed to have landed.

1 Like