Random Thoughts

Try this one: Honeybee vaccine gets USDA approval, could help bee population growth

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s interesting. Sad that it’s needed, but interesting.

Having a weird day today, mostly managing and trouble shooting. Random thought, if I eventually hire more people and get a layer of management (unlikely but possible I suppose) then I don’t have to do a lot of this stuff. Like stepping through a remote marketing person through complex trouble shooting. Spent a couple hours on it, really not an effective use of my time.

Jaspess II’s students (grade 3-4 intervention) are curious about 3D parallelograms and 3D trapeziods.

My students (high school gen ed) are curious about where they can vape without getting caught. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

There are some minerals that have this shape in their (pure) crystalline form.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Racial/Ethnic Identity Question(s)

I’m too sexy for my pants.

When my husband came into the room and I had my white compression socks on (but hadn’t put the circulation cuffs on yet), my husband thought it was my pale skin and that winter had made me even paler. Which is funny because it’s not like he never sees my bare legs, he sees them quite often. I guess I’m just that light.

3 Likes

hubba hubba showing some skin

2 Likes

Finished my 3,000 piece puzzle in just under two months. It’s 34"x48" and framing it is costly so I’m going to try to find an alternative way to adhere this to something and put it on my office wall. Any ideas? Maybe pegboard? Something from a craft store?

4 Likes

If it’s a standard frame size you can put contact paper on the back (make sure each piece touches the contact paper) and then you can put it in a cheap standard size frame.

If it’s non-standard it’s harder.

I mounted one jigsaw puzzle that we completed fifteen years ago. I just put it in a generic plastic frame with whatever backing cardboard that came with the frame. No big deal. I’d be surprised if only a frame (not including matte and special glass in front) would be “costly”.

If the puzzle is a non-standard size you could have Michael’s put a mat on it just to get it up to a standard size. Then buy the standard size frame. Michael’s will put it all together for you even. And the cost of the mat isn’t nearly as much as doing a whole custom frame job.

1 Like

I was thinking about gumball machines near store entrances and how happy I was when my mom would give me a quarter to get gum or a handful of candy out of them. I don’t really see them anymore nor do I usually have change so it’s an experience my kid doesn’t have. Those things were probably germ factories so in retrospect I’m surprised my mom let me get candy and gum from them.

Built up your immune system!

Buy a vintage/antique candy dispenser!

1 Like

Buying a 50-pack of melamine sponges two years ago was a pretty good idea.

1 Like

I have a big splotchy hematoma on my left shoulder, doesn’t hurt, husband says it was there right after I got out of surgery. My surgery was on the right side of my neck.

I also have two fingerprint bruises on my right shoulder. Those do hurt like a regular bruise.

I have no idea what happened to cause the left shoulder splotch, and it kind of bugs me.

are you sure that it’s a bruise and not some form of intentional coloration by the surgeon’s team to ensure that work was done in the correct spot(s)?

Also, the anesthesiologist might have administered some form of medication in that spot to help with the procedure/recovery. :man_shrugging:t4:

Well it’s nowhere near any work that was done, and I’ll spare everyone the picture, but it is definitely blood under the skin! Looks a lot like when I have given blood and they’ve blown the vein. I am more curious how it happened than anything else, like I said, it doesn’t hurt or anything.

I have a follow-up with my surgeon in a week and a half, I’ll probably ask what it is and how long it will last - doesn’t seem to be fading.

I saw a handwritten road sign advertising Treeing Feists. As opposed to Tree Fisting, which is how my brain processed it.

(I didn’t realize until just now that the treeing feist is a dog breed. So, :grimacing:. #seemslegit)

1 Like