Random Thoughts

I’m at a conference. It appears that 80% of my company owns an Apple Watch.

1 Like

:ifyh:

1 Like

My wife and I both randomly ran into Charles Barkley separately this week. Both times were in the same grocery store near my house, but a few days apart.

2 Likes

He is one of the only celebrities I’ve ever run into and recognized!

was he smaller or larger than u expected?

He was the size I expected.

Reminds me of a couple other NBA encounters. I’ve run into Dr J a couple of times. He lived in Atlanta at the time, and I think still does. One time I was in the airport and he was a couple people behind us on the escalator. I told my wife: “hey that’s Dr J”. She said no, he looks too short. It was just a matter of perspective though given he was lower than us. As soon as we got off the escalator my wife realized he was very tall.

Similar situation: saw former Hawk Steve Smith recently at a soccer match. He was sitting down checking out the game, and I told my friend that Smitty was over there. He also doubted it, thinking he looked too short. I told him to wait until he stood up, and then my friend agreed with me when he saw his height.

1 Like

My employer bought some nice somadomes for a new meditation room. I reserved one today and it’s quite nice. I hope it relaxes me as it claims it will.

1 Like

Crossed paths (not streams) with Sylvester Stallone in a bathroom at LAX. He was short, but I had heard he wasn’t tall, so not too much of a surprise.

Met Richard Simmons twice (at airport both times). Size as expected.

My dad said he saw Wilt Chamberlain in NYC once. Taxi pulls up, guy gets out, stands up and keeps going up and up, as my dad put it. Then he recognized his face.

The guy sitting across from me at the airport is wearing one brown dress shoe, and one black dress shoe.

2 Likes

If you are/were at LAS that might make sense.

2 Likes

Dang, you are one extroverted actuary.

In my state, you don’t register for a party when you register to vote. You can ask for either ballot during primaries (not both). You may not change for primary run-offs if you voted in the 1st round of the primary though.

1 Like

Eating breakfast feels so unnatural. I never feel good for the rest of the day when I eat it, sends my blood sugar on a roller coaster.

And then breakfast food is just crap, so there’s that, too.

On my vacation I just got back from, breakfast was my most favorite time of the day. It was the only meal I always ate alone. Just me and my thoughts and lots of awesome breakfast food and coffee. It was the best!

3 Likes

love breakfast. love eggs. love bacon. hate breakfast sausages. like french toast and pancakes (if they are thin).

2 Likes

And home fries!!! :yum:

I could totally go for a diner brekkie right about now!!!

1 Like

What breakfast food do you think of as crap?

Breakfast is probably my healthiest meal most days. Fresh fruit or a fruit smoothie, oat nut toast, spinach egg white frittata.

Now if you’re having Froot Loops or donuts for breakfast as a regular thing, then definitely not healthy.

I don’t enjoy breakfast food categorically. Crap = does not align with my tastes, not = unhealthy (although much of it is that, too, especially the breakfast food marketed to children).

1 Like

I love savory breakfast foods, particularly anything involving eggs. I don’t typically want pancakes, waffles, cinnamon buns, etc… for breakfast.

1 Like

Me too. Trying to decide if I want to cook up some hash browns, fried eggs and sausage for dinner.

4 Likes

Same. I don’t want to wake up and stuff 75g of sugar down my gullet first thing. If I eat breakfast, I normally have a piece of toast with two eggs on top. And then some days I put mushrooms on it, some days I add chili crunch. Plus bacon or pork belly.