Random Thoughts

I’ve got about 3oz of Ardbeg Oa left. What do?

I think you know the right answer.

In the interest of tidying up the house, let’s do this.

2 Likes

My kid did that with vodka, probably also at about 4-5 years old. I poured a shot, left the room, he sipped and started gagging. We still laugh about it to this day.

He has the personality of a gray, wet sock.

Cross post from disappointments thread.
I was thinking I probably couldn’t manage 39’ even on the moon. Then I got to thinking, it probably isn’t as easy in converting energy in jump to moon gravity/height, because you’d likely be in contact with lunar surface for a shorter time period than earth surface, so you might not be able to get same amount energy in your jump. Curse my lack of fast twitch muscle fibers!

1 Like

Seems like there’s more humble bragging than personal disappointments.

Coleslaw is surprisingly delicious on a number of other food items, such as pizza.

cole slaw is just the american version of sauerkraut, which in turn is just the german version of kim chee

No.

1 Like

sauerkraut and coleslaw are just the Westified versions of kimchi

1 Like

No.

Fresh cabbage is not an American/Western version of fermented cabbage.

Or more generally… fresh X <> fermented X for all values of X.

Are bread and beer different versions of the same thing? Fresh grapes and wine?

Nope. Not true of cabbage either.

Now the distinction between kimchi and sauerkraut I’ll give you.

1 Like

Sauerkraut and coleslaw are both tasty but not even close to similar beyond that. Not much of an opinion on kimchi.

1 Like

ifyp

:exams:

1 Like

I like good coleslaw. Sauerkraut wasn’t terrible as I’d expected it to be. I don’t think I’ve ever had kimchi.

Whenever my dog is clingy and annoyingly attention seeking, I’m retroactively embarrassed for my college-age self.

1 Like

You and I should go for Korean BBQ some time.

1 Like

It’s like Asian sauerkraut.

1 Like

Yeah, boss. BTW it is Thursday. :dog: