Random Thoughts

Huh, I think of disc golfers as the privileged granola types… a stereotype I picked up in college as that’s what my college had a lot of. And a very popular pastime at my college.

:woman_shrugging:

Well, I would be hard pressed to deny being a privileged granola type myself, so you may be on to something there.

2 Likes

Probably weren’t a lot of Tesla drivers at the disc golf course twenty years ago.

1 Like

I don’t mean that in a bad way; I hope that wasn’t offensive. That description probably fits like 75% of my family & friends FWIW.

Now I want French toast.

2 Likes

See the GoA Recipe Book which references the AO recipe book for a slightly more-complicated, slightly more-elevated French Toast:

Now I want French toast and I miss the AO.

3 Likes

I certainly was not offended. The fact that being a rich white cis straight male makes my life easy is more of a commentary on society that it is on me.

1 Like

Do you think deaf people think farts are as funny as people that can hear them do?

Probably not because they only get the smell, and there ain’t nothing funny about that.

2 Likes

do YOU think silent but deadly is funny? There’s your answer.

4 Likes

Touche’

there are situations where the smell is amazingly funny. and also awful. one is a pre-req for the other

1 Like

I haven’t bought any gas yet in 2022.

3 Likes

Also, despite my protestations, “Linux” is pronounced “Lynn-icks” and not “Lean-ooks” like it would be if it was pronounced according to Finnish conventions…of course, Finns don’t really use the letter “x”, so they’d first re-spell it “Linuks” and then pronounce it that way and then it wouldn’t be “Linux” anymore.

Why does the creator think this when the G is for graphics, which is a hard G?

And “gi” is also a hard G in most cases.

gift, girl, give, giddy, gills, gild, ginkgo

Exceptions: gibberish and gin

Probably not an exhaustive list.

I think it’s for the same reason that the Finnish creator of Linux also pronounces it incorrectly.

Also not an exhaustive liszt:

3 Likes

because he was f’ing with us all