Random Thoughts

I’ve cream! Children’s ice cream!

7” makes a difference in what you can reach.

7” in height, you pervert

IKWYM. WAKWYM.

After putting on way too many COVID pounds [230], my brain is being retrained to have four 500-calorie meals. It’s an adjustment, but six pounds came off so far [224].

2 Likes

My personal-rule when attending a “classical” concert where the pieces are in many parts with big time pauses in between those parts is to never be the first one to applaud.

I went to an organ recital quite a while back where everyone else in the audience also apparently had that rule…even the professor of the student who was performing…so when the gal got to the (real) end of each piece, no one applauded…at all…ever…for any of the pieces except the very, very final one.

I guess it helped stream line the performance. There wasn’t all of that extra time used for her getting up and taking a bow and all that.

It was weird. I would’ve expected the professor to help the lay people know when it’s okay to clap.

I did see one dude at the end of one piece do an “air clap” since he knew it was the end but didn’t want to be the one to break the silence.

Hey, have you heard about the RPS tournament? How about the Sheep Game? They’re tons of fun and the more who participate the funner it is. Come, join the fun, be part of the celebration, make it GoA a better place for everyone.

When did the spelling change from Kiev to Kyiv?

I read something about that… maybe tomorrow I’ll find it again

1 Like

KyivNotKiev - Wikipedia

1 Like

I’ve always known that it was Kyiv for slavic language (Ukrainian, Russian, etc.) speakers and Kiev for latin (French, Spanish, English) speakers. Well, not always, but at least 15 years since some friends at church used to go to Ukraine for missionary-ing and finding wives.

cross post to the Beijing/Mumbai discussion.

And is it pronounced KEEV or KEE-YEV?

That wasn’t it specifically, but it certainly is it generally.

Thanks, VA! Your the best!

1 Like

No, you!

:iatp:

Okay, okay, everyone settle down… I’ll just go ahead and be the best, mmmkay?

1 Like

Looking up 2020 income tax filing thresholds (as in “you are required to file a return if you meet these criteria and have income of at least $X” which varies by criteria).

Mostly pretty mundane stuff… $400 if you have Self-Employment income, $12,400 if you are single and under 65, $14,050 if you are single and over 65, etc.

But this part made me :laughing: (emphasis mine):

I like that they acknowledge that it’s so hard to believe it’s right that they figure people will assume it’s a typo.

Yes, I am a nerd. I actually have a pair of socks that say “I am a nerd… and not the cool kind”. I acknowledge this about myself.

3 Likes

The longest road trip between two cities/towns/whatever in the continental united states (that I can find after not a lot of work) is from Imperial Beach, CA to Caribou, ME

Would Key West, FL to Alaska count??? :thinking:

Only if you dukes of hazard over that part of Canada.

1 Like