Random Thoughts

But I have learned one thing.

Wait, we were supposed to learn something??? Are you sure of that??? :thinking:

Supposed to learn something? Oh, no. I’m not sure of that.
It’s just that I have learned that there’s more than one thing to learn… in life.

This pic isn’t from my family’s farm (no cattle lost there) but from another nearby rancher. They lost everything. Their home and their cattle :sweat: I don’t know how many head they had. But there are 50ish in this picture. Dead from the smoke inhalation.

3 Likes

I’m making bacon…in the oven…I’m going to add it to macaroni & cheese leftovers.

1 Like

This one?

https://community.goactuary.com/t/interesting-thread-title-juxtapositions/

in the oven is the way to go!

one pack of bacon is never enough. bc I eat it slice by slice (w some help) before it can go anywhere.

so note to self - by 2+ packs for christmas.

1 Like

No doubt…it just takes quite a bit longer, but it doesn’t involve a lot of interactivity, so you can set it and forget it as long as you set a timer to remember it.

I can’t get a full pack of bacon on one sheet, so it’s usually less than one pack per “event” for me, but, I hear ya’…a lot of bacon gets used up for purposes other than the meal it’s being prepared for.

related to the unintended consumption (by the cook). friend and husband were talking about cookie making for the holidays.

she made a ton of cookie dough and left in fridge to cool and cook the next days. like a snowball in the freezer, the bowl of available dough shrank considerably. hubby said “hey, you assumed I’d eat 25% of those. I was just getting to it early.”

2 Likes

I have a bacon tray for my microwave. It’s not as good as making it on the griddle, but it’s less messy to clean up. I like my bacon to be chewy rather than crunchy, though, and it works well for that.

Pic below for reference, where is GoA on the sweet spot for bacon doneness? I need to know who I can and cannot trust here.

0 voters

Voted for 3. But anything from 1-5 or maybe 6 would be ok.

Assuming 1 is not in fact raw. Can’t tell.

I wouldn’t consider anything under a 5. Probably 6-7 is my preference.

4 Likes

It’s too small

TWSS? And this important topic very clearly needs its own thread.

Edited to remove extraneous word

3 Likes

I know I didn’t go into excruciating detail, but this response from a filing did surprise me:

Comment: Please explain the information regarding the large loss load pursuant to KSA 40-955(e) referenced in Exhibit 7: Ratemaking Calculations as of 12.31.202 in layman terms as the DOI does not understand your previous response.

I would go anywhere from 6-9, but I voted 8. :yum:

1 Like

That’s basically my range, except 9 might be a bit much. I went with 7

I enjoy working this time of year. It’s quiet.

Unfortunately I’m in a use it or lose it situation with 3.5 days of pto and have to take most of next week off. I will plan better next year.

The juxtaposition of the thread topic and Snake’s tag(?) made me think of Adam Sandler’s Hanukkuh Song.

O.J. Simpson, not a Jew