Random questions

Lines of Business or LOBs.

2 Likes

We have two racks in our oven. Pizza goes on one of them and we put a sheet of aluminium foil underneath on the other rack. Catches everything. Easy disposal.

1 Like

Much like my sacrificial cookie sheets, except that I clean them, instead of throwing them away.

But I donā€™t clean them very carefully, because I ONLY use them to catch crumbs, oozing pie filling, dripping cheese, etc. Big black splotch? No problem.

If I go to check the air pressure on my Reverse Osmosis tank, and water comes out - thatā€™s bad, right?

What does it mean when they say a person ā€œdied of causes incident to age?ā€

What if that age was 59? Does that change your answer?

Edit: OK, the news article used the above language. The obituary in the same paper which they linked to right after that statement says ā€œnatural causes.ā€

It probably means they donā€™t know, but not murder or suicide or a drug overdose.

ā€œNatural causesā€ drives me nuts. Cancer and heart attacks and stroke and influenza are all ā€œnatural causesā€.

A bullet to the brain killed him?

Naturally.

Reminds me of a Brian Reagan standup bit:

Psychic: Did anyone hereā€¦lose a friend or family memberā€¦? ā€¦Or know someone who did? ā€¦Or hear about something like this on television? YES YOU IN THE MEZZANINE. I was getting a strong signalā€¦This person passed on recently?

Person in Audience: Twenty-five years ago

Psychic: THAT RECENTLY!? Then Iā€™m gunna be extra sensitive. Iā€™m getting an Mā€¦The letter Mā€¦

Person in Audience: His name was Beau Ziffer.

Psychic: MISTER!? BEAU ZIFFER!? He died of natural causes, yes?

Person in Audience: He was shot in the face with a bazooka

Psychic: SO NATURALLY HEā€™D BE DEAD.

2 Likes

Yeah, so why does it drive you nuts? In general, the first question is whether someone died due to human causes or ā€œnaturalā€ causes. Deaths from auto accidents, murder, etc. just feel different from deaths from cancer or flu. At least, they do to me.

If someone died of a heart attack, just say they died of a heart attack. :woman_shrugging:

they might not always know. could have been a suspected heart attack. could have been he went to bed and was found in the AM dead - no autopsy for a person of a certain age, right? soā€¦natural causes. maybe had a stroke or heart attack or choked on a pretzel, weā€™ll never know. natural causes.

Ok, but if they know they should say.

Joe Smith died at 57, peacefully and in his sleep, after a courageous battle with liking beer and burgers too much.

1 Like

Sitting on my front porch thinkingā€¦

I donā€™t see all that many animals around. The occasional bird, a cat that wanders the neighborhood, the tortoise that lives in the back yard.

So - what are all of these mosquitos eating when they arenā€™t eating me?

Your next door neighbors?

Maybe time for a screened in porch.

I donā€™t see them out much either.

Itā€™s not that big of a deal - just wondering.

I like the idea of not saying in my own obituary. Make people wonder and then feel a little self-conscious of their nosiness.

I am a nosy type myself.

I donā€™t feel self-conscious of my nosiness. Iā€™m supposed to? :confused:

Off-topic:
Reverse-Sear FTW. Nice, even pink inside, nice crust outside.
Oh, it will still make a mess during the searing, but should not be as much, especially if youā€™ve salted overnight.