Quirky things you do

I sometimes wear flip flops in warm weather, but i don’t like driving in them. I kick one off to operate the pedals.

Time to spice it up. Lead with the right (maybe hang onto the railing though).

or slide down Mary Poppins style

1 Like

We did discuss doing this at a prior location of employment. I think we decided if we hadn’t been called into HR for other stuff already, this would have guaranteed a trip where all the other stuff would have been brought up.

1 Like

Do you use more of your toes too? Specifically on the bottom of the pedal? Coz, I’ll do the second toe on top of the pedal, and big and third toe on the bottom and grasp. I feel like Imma chimanzee when I do that.

I tend to jog to nearby places-- the store, the school, the bar, etc.

I figure a little exercise is better than none. And walking is boring. And driving is wretched.

1 Like

Not quite that quirky

The poor guy on his speakerphone in the poop stall next to me. :poop::skull:

I went to make a sandwich for lunch. The open loaf of bread consisted of the heel and the adjacent slice, so clearly I wasn’t using that. I don’t like the heel-adjacent slice because it’s often drier compared to the rest of the loaf and I want both outer sides of the sandwich to have similar consistency. I open the new loaf, skip past the heel, heel-adjacent, and the one adjacent to that (can use those neighboring slices which will align with each other for a sandwich for the kid) and grab the next two slices. Perfectly logical.

1 Like

So I try to avoid the heel-adjacent piece as well. If it comes down to it, I’ll break my rule about having book matched pieces of bread - I’ll put the mayo or mustard on the drier side of the heel-adjacent piece.

I don’t know what all you’ve got going on, feels like we should put together a workshop on this.

1 Like

In for a workshop. I can lead the session on building double decker sandwiches.

1 Like

See, I didn’t even think of the double decker. We haven’t begun to cover things like sub sandwiches either. I bet there are a lot of people who THINK they know sandwiches who’d benefit from this content. @NerdAlert can probably do an hour on mayo options.

3 Likes

Subscribe

1 Like

If it’s a colder time of the year, I will toast the heel and butter it (has to be proper, grass-fed, butter). I then break it up into bits and put it in my soup.

2 Likes

All right, I’m signing you up for some bread-related content creation.

1 Like

I can lead a session on making cuban sandwiches

The heel is no go but the heel-adjacent is good for toast. Sometimes I’ll slum and put peanut butter on the heel-adjacent slice and eat that. If I don’t feel like toasting, I’ll usually put the PB in the greater surface area side and leave the drier side exposed because that seems less bad than having the softer surface side exposed and PB in the smaller surface area.

Crap. Yeah, sign me up for that. Love me a good Cuban sandwich, my local brewery makes a pretty mean one!

Hot dog: sandwich or the devil’s creation?

PB? Open-face that mo-fo!! You get two sandwiches’ worth of PB that way!!